• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How can I get rid of the remaining battery status in CarPlay?

markopolo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
A recent update changed the way CarPlay looks and puts remaining battery charge on the screen in place of remaining miles which is more important to me. Dashboard already shows battery percentage left. Anyone know how to change this?
Sponsored

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
A recent update changed the way CarPlay looks and puts remaining battery charge on the screen in place of remaining miles which is more important to me. Dashboard already shows battery percentage left. Anyone know how to change this?
Agreed super annoying. No ability to change Im aware of though. I want to say someone on the iOS 18 beta said it changes on iOS 18 or gives you an option, but I could be just imagining that as well.

kammy

First Name
Kamal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
I don’t know if this will work, but give it a try.

(On your iPhone) open the maps app.

Click on your user icon on the right side of the search bar.

Click on vehicles

Click on “ford f150 lightning”

Click “remove this vehicle”

WRSNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
This isn't exactly what you asked for, but ...

If you're following a route in Apple Maps using CarPlay, an APIM update puts the remaining Apple Map route miles under the GOM in the left instrument panel power/battery display, just as it does for a route using the native Ford Nav. The CarPlay Apple Maps display keeps the estimated battery SOC at destination. Definitely an improvement.

My dealer did the APIM update recently to clear a recall. I'm assuming it's an update including Bluecruise stuff that hasn't gone OTA yet. I also got the new center stack icons at the top of the display. I'm showing Sync 23306, revision 1076.

Ford F-150 Lightning How can I get rid of the remaining battery status in CarPlay? IMG_9171

Sponsored

DatOleMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat and 2022 Mach e Premium
This isn't exactly what you asked for, but ...

If you're following a route in Apple Maps using CarPlay, an APIM update puts the remaining Apple Map route miles under the GOM in the left instrument panel power/battery display, just as it does for a route using the native Ford Nav. The CarPlay Apple Maps display keeps the estimated battery SOC at destination. Definitely an improvement.

My dealer did the APIM update recently to clear a recall. I'm assuming it's an update including Bluecruise stuff that hasn't gone OTA yet. I also got the new center stack icons at the top of the display. I'm showing Sync 23306, revision 1076.

IMG_9171.jpeg
That’s slick… I like that.

OP
OP

markopolo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I don’t know if this will work, but give it a try.

(On your iPhone) open the maps app.

Click on your user icon on the right side of the search bar.

Click on vehicles

Click on “ford f150 lightning”

Click “remove this vehicle”
Comes right back on. 🤷🏻‍♂️

OP
OP

markopolo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Actually, that was different than what I tried before. And it worked! Thank you so much!

Al_V

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
You can use also google maps on your iphone through carplay, and it still has the mileage showing.
Sponsored