✅ 8/15/22 Lightning Build Week Group

Viet658

First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Union Pacific tracking is estimating arrival on 9/10/22 but Ford chat gave a ETA of 9/16-9/22. The rail yard is probably less than 25 miles from my dealer. I wouldn't think it would take 6-12 days to go from yard to dealer unless Union Pacific initial estimates aren't that good?
Sponsored

SteelTerp87

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 Lariat 2.7L (Platinum Lightning on Order
Occupation
Self-Employed
I have the same issue as you. I never look at it unless I have to verify what I see on ordertrack. I suggest using ordertrack.app for your day to day (or in our case, 100x daily) checks.
100x is VERY accurate. And then the daily check in with Ford Chat in case the site isn't updated which they have confirmed can be delayed

BoostedKWs

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting Lariat SR
Occupation
EV Charging Engineering Director
Union Pacific tracking is estimating arrival on 9/10/22 but Ford chat gave a ETA of 9/16-9/22. The rail yard is probably less than 25 miles from my dealer. I wouldn't think it would take 6-12 days to go from yard to dealer unless Union Pacific initial estimates aren't that good?
Depending on how busy your rail yard is, your dealers backlog at the yard, and how many trucks service it, it might be 6+ days. When my ICE truck was delivered back in January, about 15 mavericks had just gotten delivered. Took about a week to whiddle those down to where mine got delivered. I think on the 6th day it was delivered. Granted this is in the Wilimington DE yard - I've heard CA is stretched a bit thinner for drivers. If you go on United Road (if that's who handles CA), you can make an account and watch the backlog and actually see when it arrives, and when it heads out. If you catch it while it's on the truck, you can see the exact location on the road.

abombination

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On Order: 2022 Lariat ER, Max Tow.
Super exciting! Glad to see this week moving along. Let's start getting some trucks to MD for @abombination @mmcguirk @ruddys12 @Ian and I
Hoping a bunch of trucks start showing up next week! @dkf150 can be an honorary Marylander too.

Seems Ford's MO is to be as bad as they can with sending shipped emails. I ordered some accessories from Ford's website (floor liners and wheel well liners). They were delivered yesterday, but I never got a shipped email for those either.

Ok, who else here is waiting to talk to Ford chat? Says I'm number 33...

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/15/22 Lightning Build Week Group 1662134678340

SteelTerp87

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self-Employed
Hoping a bunch of trucks start showing up next week! @dkf150 can be an honorary Marylander too.

Seems Ford's MO is to be as bad as they can with sending shipped emails. I ordered some accessories from Ford's website (floor liners and wheel well liners). They were delivered yesterday, but I never got a shipped email for those either.

Ok, who else here is waiting to talk to Ford chat? Says I'm number 33...

1662134678340.png
Haha I check in around 1p, let us know what they say!

Sponsored

SteelTerp87

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self-Employed
Well, I just got the officially Built email, was hoping it was the shipping email haha

Sponsored

djteotancolis

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80
Occupation
Analyst

abombination

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On Order: 2022 Lariat ER, Max Tow.
Must be having an issue with Red?
I wonder if it's something far more idiotic, like "oh, we can only put four ERs and one SR in each load because the ERs are too heavy for one of the positions. We only have ERs to ship and don't want to send a partial load, so we need to wait for an SR to be built so we can send these other four finished trucks to Maryland."

That or maybe "the truck drivers all told us to pound sand because they're going to the beach/lake this weekend."

SteelTerp87

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self-Employed
I wonder if it's something far more idiotic, like "oh, we can only put four ERs and one SR in each load because the ERs are too heavy for one of the positions. We only have ERs to ship and don't want to send a partial load, so we need to wait for an SR to be built so we can send these other four finished trucks to Maryland."

That or maybe "the truck drivers all told us to pound sand because they're going to the beach/lake this weekend."
It's just odd that ya'll aren't marked as built yet but I am. You can at least sit in built status for a couple weeks which I know sucks and others have done, but it's just odd that it is still "in production." I have a Platinum and Spray In so it's none of that.

djteotancolis

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80
Occupation
Analyst
It's just odd that ya'll aren't marked as built yet but I am. You can at least sit in built status for a couple weeks which I know sucks and others have done, but it's just odd that it is still "in production." I have a Platinum and Spray In so it's none of that.
Maybe Platinums are given priority.
Sponsored