• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I'm holding out hope that Ford's SUV ev is out by the time I'm ready to turn in my lightning in about 6 yrs...

That ev9 really is the only one of it's kind so far, hope it works out for you. My wife has been saying that's what she needs to replace her Santa Fe XL.

We've had a variety of Hyundai's in the last 10 yrs all were well equipped/optioned vehicles that were substantially cheaper than any similarly spec'd American vehicles. All of them worked as expected and with zero mechanical issues.
That’s really good to hear. In my mind I still have a picture of cheap and unreliable. It was really surprising how nice it was, but man…someone needs to tell them it’s ok to have a frunk.

When I asked the sales guy if it had one he goes “oh yea! You can store all sorts of stuff in there!”

He opened it up and..
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group 1716977334682-es

My glovebox is bigger than that frunk! I wanted to walk him outside to the Lightning to show him a real frunk but I got an elbow to the ribs from my wife.
Sponsored

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
That’s really good to hear. In my mind I still have a picture of cheap and unreliable. It was really surprising how nice it was, but man…someone needs to tell them it’s ok to have a frunk.

When I asked the sales guy if it had one he goes “oh yea! You can store all sorts of stuff in there!”

He opened it up and..
1716977334682-es.jpg

My glovebox is bigger than that frunk! I wanted to walk him outside to the Lightning to show him a real frunk but I got an elbow to the ribs from my wife.
Yikes! It's not the size that matters it's how you use it....

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
I’m going to go on a rant.

It’s been 2 years. Ford came so quickly to market with the Lightning that I would’ve thought an Expedition EVL would be quick to follow. Especially considering the number of parts that could be reused.

2 years and nothing.

Having a need to seat at least 6, and with my Model X aging to a point where the cost of a single repair is more than the car itself is worth, I decided to go car shopping.

I looked for the most practical thing, a minivan and saw nothing.

I held out hoping Ford would launch their new EV SUV, maybe an EV Explorer might work?

I looked for unpractical and…well what’s the point of a 3rd row that only works if you can fit the legs into the frunk?

I was left with only one choice…a Kia EV9. I remember when Kia competed with the likes of Daewoo. I’ve never owned a Korean vehicle, but here we go….

Ford, this is your fault for not single focusing to cater to my needs.
One more reason Ford needs to re-launch the Aerostar as an EV minivan. Hell, they already have the eTransit line they could build it off of.
Sponsored