• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/15/22 Lightning Build Week Group

Sdgolfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Zr2
Just got a call from the dealer. My truck was damaged in transport. I'm about to give up on this whole thing.
Any idea what the damage was? Where was your truck headed and did you have a railcar #?

shadycoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
might want to get a photo they may just want you to back out so they can sell it for 20K over sticker lol

Just got a call from the dealer. My truck was damaged in transport. I'm about to give up on this whole thing.

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
I don't trust any of them dealers... I'm thinking the same thing with mine. Or maybe some animosity towards electric vehicles with the shippers.

Weather Dawg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER w/Tow; 2017 BMW X3
Can you share more about the Leer cover? Do you like it? What model? Is there anything you would improve or any features you miss? What do you like about it? Thank you! I’m trying to pick one.
Sure thing. It is the HFM650. It is a quad fold version and I wanted that after having one on my old F-150. Since it is quad fold, it stays below the top of cab light when stored upright. I also didn't want one of the cord pull systems that most of the others seem to have. This one opens by pressing two tabs together on either side of the cover. The only thing that it is missing is an ability to open up one panel from the front of the cab (my old Foldacover did this and I loved it). Also cant open it if the tailgate is closed which I think is the same for all the ones available, but that Foldacover could. Pretty happy with it thus far.

Sponsored

Viet658

First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Another disappointing Thursday. ETA delayed by another week again. It's up to 11/9-11/15 now.
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/15/22 Lightning Build Week Group 1666927453542

Viet658

First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
I've contemplated doing that many times but the facility is gated. Don't think they would allow anyone to just walk in. According to Ford's Q3 earnings, they reported 40k vehicles sitting in inventory waiting for parts. I think it's likely many of us are part of that 40k.

1666928254240.png

https://electrek.co/2022/10/26/ford-f-q3-2022-earnings-results/
I went down to the rail yard in San Diego today. I spoke to the gard and she was able to look up my vin to confirm that it was indeed sitting in the yard. That was good enough for me. I was worried it was stuck up north due to the San clemente issues.

Go pester them. It could produce some movement.

Sponsored

Viet658

First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I went down to the rail yard in San Diego today. I spoke to the gard and she was able to look up my vin to confirm that it was indeed sitting in the yard. That was good enough for me. I was worried it was stuck up north due to the San clemente issues.

Ford has already told me it’s at Mira Loma numerous times. Dealer told me Ford placed a hold on it so they can’t get it from Mira Loma.

Last edited:

SD_Climber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lighting Lariat ER

Stuck in the rail yard in San Diego or somewhere else?

badger_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat / 2021 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Network Engineer
I got the VinView page from my dealer, and it shows Plant/Quality (FPLQ) as its delay event on Sep 12. The last update it shows is from Oct 18 with a source of "Connected Vehicle," so now I'm concerned it died and hasn't contacted Ford's servers since then. My dealer also let me know that there is a very different code for damaged during shipping, so I'm half glad that isn't the case, but at least it would be a reason. I just don't understand how it was mostly a two week period that is suffering through this nonsense.

Also, about to rewrite my twitter bot to add a little randomized data to hopefully avoid Twitter's anti-duplication detection. Had some unnecessarily busy last couple days keeping me off the ol' keyboard

Sdgolfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Zr2