• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/8 Lightning Build Week Group

beerhoffman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SR built
Occupation
Accountant
@TheWheel @suldog99 have you gotten any information from your dealer? Mine says @Ford Motor Company won't tell them anything. Ford cust service elevated a case # for me, but they nice man who called gave me the same, "I don't have any more information". I guess we just keep waiting and waiting, pretty soon people ordering MY23 are going to start taking delivery.
Sponsored

TheWheel

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
@TheWheel @suldog99 have you gotten any information from your dealer? Mine says @Ford Motor Company won't tell them anything. Ford cust service elevated a case # for me, but they nice man who called gave me the same, "I don't have any more information". I guess we just keep waiting and waiting, pretty soon people ordering MY23 are going to start taking delivery.
They claim that they can't get much info out of Ford. They were supposedly told that it's missing a chip that controls a PDU module. They supposedly asked Ford if they could take delivery so that they could install the missing part and were told that this is not an option.

I suspect that they are sending techs to a region once there are a certain number of vehicles in that region to fix, but that's just a guess.

beerhoffman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SR built
Occupation
Accountant
They claim that they can't get much info out of Ford. They were supposedly told that it's missing a chip that controls a PDU module. They supposedly asked Ford if they could take delivery so that they could install the missing part and were told that this is not an option.

I suspect that they are sending techs to a region once there are a certain number of vehicles in that region to fix, but that's just a guess.
Ooh, that is a juicy piece of information. I had not thought of that. So maybe these trucks left MI without some chips. Now they're going to send techs to a rail yard to fix a bunch of them all at once. It really makes no sense not to send them to the dealer for this work.

suldog99

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Energi, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Video Editor
This was the message from my dealer:

There is a stop ship on the truck. The reason is not shared to us, but it is most likely missing something that needs to be completed before it is on a truck to us (can be as simple as a Ford emblem). Thousands of trucks are being shipped from Ford without being completed. As of right now, the truck does not meet the standards Ford has put in place before delivery to a customer. As soon as the unit is ready, it will be delivered to us. That is what our ordering representative has told us. We have been reaching out every day. There is nothing at the dealer level we can do right now. I'm not sure how you know that we received another Lightning today, but we are not able to pick and choose what comes to us sooner and it is not intentional. Keith and I have even personally asked the drive to look into why he can't bring us the truck. We want you to have your new truck.

It’s not a lot of info, but from different news articles it makes sense. I’ve been keeping track of what gets delivered to the dealer, and I found a lightning that was built nearly a month after mine delivered to my dealer. (That’s when she references “I don’t know how you know we received another Lightning😁) It sucks though. I would love to know if it was part of the debacle with ford emblems being unavailable or a chip, or what. But I suppose it doesn’t matter.

With recent articles about rolling blackouts in the northeast during cold spells, would be nice to have a powerful generator in the driveway.

beerhoffman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SR built
Occupation
Accountant

There is a stop ship on the truck. The reason is not shared to us, but it is most likely missing something that needs to be completed before it is on a truck to us (can be as simple as a Ford emblem). Thousands of trucks are being shipped from Ford without being completed. As of right now, the truck does not meet the standards Ford has put in place before delivery to a customer. As soon as the unit is ready, it will be delivered to us. That is what our ordering representative has told us. We have been reaching out every day. There is nothing at the dealer level we can do right now. I'm not sure how you know that we received another Lightning today, but we are not able to pick and choose what comes to us sooner and it is not intentional. Keith and I have even personally asked the drive to look into why he can't bring us the truck. We want you to have your new truck.

It’s not a lot of info, but from different news articles it makes sense. I’ve been keeping track of what gets delivered to the dealer, and I found a lightning that was built nearly a month after mine delivered to my dealer. (That’s when she references “I don’t know how you know we received another Lightning😁) It sucks though. I would love to know if it was part of the debacle with ford emblems being unavailable or a chip, or what. But I suppose it doesn’t matter.

With recent articles about rolling blackouts in the northeast during cold spells, would be nice to have a powerful generator in the driveway.
Well, that's the most I have heard from a dealer. Seems like those of us in this situation are liekly all in the same boat. Albeit and emblem or a chip, seems like they would let it go to the dealer for the final repair. Funny they want to know how you know they're getting other trucks, haha. I appreciate your reply, very helpful!

Sponsored

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER

Can you tell any of this from the top of the window sticker? Where can you see a hold if the dealer doesn't tell you?

I've got a deposit on a truck that's at the same ramp from this same build week. In the meantime I've passed on another truck thinking this one was arriving any hour (because that's what the salesman told me)... After reading this and tracking the original order, now I know it's been there since September. Trying to figure out if I should hold out, or jump at the next abandoned order opportunity.

suldog99

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Video Editor
Can you tell any of this from the top of the window sticker? Where can you see a hold if the dealer doesn't tell you?

I've got a deposit on a truck that's at the same ramp from this same build week. In the meantime I've passed on another truck thinking this one was arriving any hour (because that's what the salesman told me)... After reading this and tracking the original order, now I know it's been there since September. Trying to figure out if I should hold out, or jump at the next abandoned order opportunity.
If it’s shown on the window sticker, I don’t know where! The first sign I saw was from the united road website. This is what my truck shows, you can see “on hold” where everyone else’s says “pending pickup” while waiting for a transport truck.

I have noticed that the window stickers do update/change at some point after getting to the dealer. It seems the blend date and other info on the top disappears. Not sure what triggers it or why.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/8 Lightning Build Week Group 4093BFAC-604A-4F52-92A8-8939624D2727

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
That tracker looks helpful. How'd you get access? I signed up and they told me it's for the dealer only.

suldog99

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Video Editor
That tracker looks helpful. How'd you get access? I signed up and they told me it's for the dealer only.
I ran into the same problem when i used my gmail address to register. When i used my work address, with a non-descript domain, it gave me access. I've seen posts that they are trying to clamp down on giving access - but I did get through to see what's coming and going from my dealership.

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Indeed, I am now receiving e-mails for every truck delivered to that dealership. Doesn't help me, but it's hilarious! Security isn't their thing I guess.

Sponsored

suldog99

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Video Editor
There’s been a HUGE mistake! That’s actually MY truck, was accidentally delivered to you! My truck was never intended to see palm trees 😂

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
She's beautiful! As a fellow antimatter blue and a week behind you in the 8/15 going thru the same LOOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG shipping process I am very jealous! ... but happy for you!.... but mostly SUPER JEALOUS!
Sponsored