• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

12 Inch Versus 15 Inch Screen

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
.......... Trophy husband
I'm fortunate enough to have both, and they are both endowed with quirks and charms. I like the size and visibility of the large screen in my Lariat but I also like the physical buttons in my wife's XLT. The software for nav and cams also seems better supported in the XLT. The knob-in-screen of the Lariat does work reasonably well, but there is a learning curve. I would definitely NOT base a purchase decision around the screen, IMO it's six of one, square root of 36 of the other...
Cheers
-Zap
Sponsored

OP
OP

rhscnative

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I did not know all of the ER's will have the big screen. Thanks for passing that on.

Schroederhc1

First Name
Cordell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER, 1990 911 Targa
Occupation
Self Employed
12 is more functional and I don't need to take my eyes off the road to use the physical buttons.

RocketGhost

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
My 2018 F150 had an 8" screen, it was fine except I wanted something bigger this time to make it easier to touch controls, I guess I have fat fingers. That truck had a bunch of physical buttons that I never used. I set climate to 71 auto and the only time I ever changed it was to hit defrost a couple times. Never touched the other climate buttons.

I like the 15" screen, it's nice and big and everything is easy to see. And the truck has just the right amount of physical buttons and controls. I don't like it when everything is on the screen, but I don't need a button for everything.

JGuske23

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Extended Range
I was shocked to learn you can't use Android Auto/Apple Car play split screen with backup camera on the "higher end" 15" screen, a really nice feature when I have the truck bed loaded and strapped for the 12"
Sponsored