• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2022 MISSING FEATURES: Ambient Lighting & Differences In DEATC between 2021 and 2022 F-150s?

unscheduled clean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 tremor
I liked the temp reading on the knobs, but it is what it is. However, I will miss the led lights in the bed because I use them all the time. I will have to add with aftermarket. What I don't like is having to pay over $1500 for less options than the 21 had. If the price change gave me the same options as a 21, then no complaints here. However, I'm getting less for more. It also would have been nice to see what I was getting for my money on Ford's website. I understand the "chip" shortage and all but come on. Some future owners will not know of the changes and be disappointed when comparing to last year's truck.

I still can't believe I bought a 60K truck that "can tow up to 12,000lbs" yet doesn't even have a trailer brake controller in 502A trim! I guess Ford is right, I can tow 12,000 lbs but I won't be able to stop the son of a bitch lol. That is bonkers to me! I'm surprised I got a hitch lol. I think Ford has to be really carful in the future. There's a lot of trucks out there that will eventually catch-up to Ford. To some, it's already happening. As of right now, Ford is the only game in town that offers a hybrid (except for Toyota). Once everyone one else has it, I think Ford will have a problem. Now, it's easy for me to rant now because my truck is still waiting to be build lol. I just hope I don't have issues when I get my truck!
Do you have the tow technology package?
Sponsored

ts3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat
I liked the temp reading on the knobs, but it is what it is. However, I will miss the led lights in the bed because I use them all the time. I will have to add with aftermarket. What I don't like is having to pay over $1500 for less options than the 21 had. If the price change gave me the same options as a 21, then no complaints here. However, I'm getting less for more. It also would have been nice to see what I was getting for my money on Ford's website. I understand the "chip" shortage and all but come on. Some future owners will not know of the changes and be disappointed when comparing to last year's truck.

I still can't believe I bought a 60K truck that "can tow up to 12,000lbs" yet doesn't even have a trailer brake controller in 502A trim! I guess Ford is right, I can tow 12,000 lbs but I won't be able to stop the son of a bitch lol. That is bonkers to me! I'm surprised I got a hitch lol. I think Ford has to be really carful in the future. There's a lot of trucks out there that will eventually catch-up to Ford. To some, it's already happening. As of right now, Ford is the only game in town that offers a hybrid (except for Toyota). Once everyone one else has it, I think Ford will have a problem. Now, it's easy for me to rant now because my truck is still waiting to be build lol. I just hope I don't have issues when I get my truck!
To tow 12,000# you probably need a tow package, all three include the trailer brake, and I think the brake controller is available as a separate item if you don't want a package. W/o a trailer package, you're limited to 7K on the receiver hitch (6k w/2.7) - depending on model, wb, engine, etc. Sounds like you didn't get good info from your dealer on what you need to order.

One bonus not mentioned much on these forums is that the '22 502A's have been coming in with the front parking sensors, previously only available with Active 2.0 option. Never made sense that this was missing before, when it was included on lower models, so at least they fixed one problem.

ts3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat
This may be better for the BAP thread…. But has anyone else noticed the latest 22 order guide under the BAP description no longer lists the black headlamp bezels, as well it only says “ dark interior appliqués” it no longer says “black interior finish on console, door trim and instrument panel”??
Maybe it’s just me or I’m looking at the wrong spot but it seems those have been removed from the package now?

2FBF05B3-6A7A-407F-8A84-8153A7428DCB.jpeg
probably another supply issue, definitely missing a few lines

Orange-F150

First Name
Werner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
To tow 12,000# you probably need a tow package, all three include the trailer brake, and I think the brake controller is available as a separate item if you don't want a package. W/o a trailer package, you're limited to 7K on the receiver hitch (6k w/2.7) - depending on model, wb, engine, etc. Sounds like you didn't get good info from your dealer on what you need to order.

One bonus not mentioned much on these forums is that the '22 502A's have been coming in with the front parking sensors, previously only available with Active 2.0 option. Never made sense that this was missing before, when it was included on lower models, so at least they fixed one problem.
I only took the Tow Technology Package to get the 360deg camera. For some reason it's not a standard or even a standalone option.

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150

Sponsored

Jaybird2022

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru wrx
Occupation
Military

Orange-F150

First Name
Werner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
We’ll that link just twisted it up more. All I know is that I paid 880 for the tow tech package for the 360 camera as well. Don’t know which one that is. 17t or the other one with smart scales
lol, I'm with you @Jaybird2022 . I'm more confused. I just wanted the 360 camera. You cannot get it alone. I had to take the Tow Tech package(17T). The link from @jj4567 says Tow tech includes the scales 55S but I see no reference in the order guide that it is included.

I actually don't care, I didn't take Tow Tech (17T) for towing, just for the 360 camera.

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
lol, I'm with you @Jaybird2022 . I'm more confused. I just wanted the 360 camera. You cannot get it alone. I had to take the Tow Tech package(17T). The link from @jj4567 says Tow tech includes the scales 55S but I see no reference in the order guide that it is included.

I actually don't care, I didn't take Tow Tech (17T) for towing, just for the 360 camera.
The screenshot is directly from the Ford 2022 RV & Trailer Tow guide. It may be wrong - especially because 55S is not listed as part of 17T anywhere in the Order Guide; however, the ‘22 RV & Trailer Tow guide clearly shows that the on-board scales are now included in 17T.

Last edited:

ZOSICK

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 150 Lariat (on order)
Do you have the tow technology package?
I do not. I guess I was being a little too literal lol. My point being, buying a truck that Ford brags about its towing capabilities and not coming with a trailer brake is silly. The most I would ever tow would be 5-6K. Just saying, kind of crappy of Ford not including something simple that needed to tow by the masses. Especially when you add a trim level of over 6K (502A). Same can be said about a bed liner. Ford also raves about the 360 degree lighting yet doesn't include lighting of the actual bed. Unless you count the tiny light. Cliff notes, we're spending over 60K for a truck that is missing a few key items. At least to me.

Orange-F150

First Name
Werner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
The screenshot is directly from the Ford 2022 RV & Trailer Tow guide. It may be wrong, but clear shows that the on-board scales are now included in 17T.
Yip, sorry, not arguing with you at all. That doc shows it like that. The latest Order Guide however doesn't specify that it is not isn't. You can find it here. I guess just more par for the course type stuff at this point.... :(

Sponsored

unscheduled clean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 tremor
I do not. I guess I was being a little too literal lol. My point being, buying a truck that Ford brags about its towing capabilities and not coming with a trailer brake is silly. The most I would ever tow would be 5-6K. Just saying, kind of crappy of Ford not including something simple that needed to tow by the masses. Especially when you add a trim level of over 6K (502A). Same can be said about a bed liner. Ford also raves about the 360 degree lighting yet doesn't include lighting of the actual bed. Unless you count the tiny light. Cliff notes, we're spending over 60K for a truck that is missing a few key items. At least to me.
Yes I agree, I'm a little surprised it didn't come with the tow tech package standard being a (502A). I would understand maybe a (501A). As the Tremor comes with the tow tech package standard on the (402A) but not the (401A). I agree about the bed lights. I will pay the extra for them.... I have them in my 2016 Truck and don't plan to be without them ever again. Super nice for when you have a cover.

unscheduled clean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 tremor
Yip, sorry, not arguing with you at all. That doc shows it like that. The latest Order Guide however doesn't specify that it is not isn't. You can find it here. I guess just more par for the course type stuff at this point.... :(
Yes, I agree. I'm blown away that it might come with the scale. My truck is "supposed" to come in this week. I will be checking for that right away and report back if someone else has not already.

ts3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat
Ford really makes it a lot more complicated than it needs to be, there a lot of "little" things that you can easily miss even if you spend $80,000. Like with work surface, seems silly for the shifter to fold down if you don't have that option, but I think that's an under $200 option on all trim levels. Take a look at pricing up a Ram. They don't have a low/mid/high on each trim level, their option packages stack on each other (can't get a loaded truck w/o a lesser package), and they don't offer as many stand-alone options to complicate dealer inventory. But, same as Ford, you don't get the trailer brake controller even on the higher models unless you want it. There are a lot of pickup truck drivers that never tow or haul much, those people probably think a trailer brake controller is a waste of money, I guess. Can't make everyone happy!

As for Ford's towing packages, the Tow Tech is the best buy because it includes the 360 cam, so you're really getting pro-trailer & trailer brakes for a couple hundred bucks. The next Towing package is $1095, but you loose the 360 Cam in that package, so it really costs about a grand more than TT, and all I can figure after hours of research that I can find comes with that is a higher rated parking brake. Max Tow gives you more: larger disc brakes, different rear, and larger fuel tank, and is actually a better buy than getting those options separately. Even if the dealers had inventory, I probably would have had to order because with so many combinations, no way would they have exactly what I want in stock.

I saw the mention of the scales in TT, that must be a typo - no way would they throw in a option that expensive.

ts3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat
another thing I didn't see mention of anywhere, was that white lettered tires are no longer available in any trim level or option package. I'm good with that, white letters seem a little old school, and look like crap if you ever bump a curb. BSW look better for black or grayed out packages (Sport and BAP) IMO.
Sponsored