• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Azgunguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro and 2012 Expedition Fleet
Installed my TM-V71 in my ‘23 Ford Lightning. The head unit is secured with heavy duty Velcro, with wire running through the center console and then down under my seat, and along the channel. I also mounted the interior antenna for my cell booster on the center console, again with Velcro. The bodies of each unit are secured to some pretty thick plywood and then that plywood is secured by 2 screws going through the seat brackets. It’s not bulletproof but it works. Speaking of bulletproof, the antenna mount is a Bulletproof Diesel third brake light mount. These antennas are just placeholders until my dedicated antennas get here. Pardon the dog hair and dust! I also have to do some cable management so bear with me on that.

73s
Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 Lightning Pro ER 2-Way Radio Install IMG_4932
Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 Lightning Pro ER 2-Way Radio Install IMG_4934
Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 Lightning Pro ER 2-Way Radio Install IMG_4937
Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 Lightning Pro ER 2-Way Radio Install IMG_4938
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Installed my TM-V71 in my ‘23 Ford Lightning. The head unit is secured with heavy duty Velcro, with wire running through the center console and then down under my seat, and along the channel. I also mounted the interior antenna for my cell booster on the center console, again with Velcro. The bodies of each unit are secured to some pretty thick plywood and then that plywood is secured by 2 screws going through the seat brackets. It’s not bulletproof but it works. Speaking of bulletproof, the antenna mount is a Bulletproof Diesel third brake light mount. These antennas are just placeholders until my dedicated antennas get here. Pardon the dog hair and dust! I also have to do some cable management so bear with me on that.

73s
IMG_4932.jpeg
IMG_4934.jpeg
IMG_4937.jpeg
IMG_4938.jpeg
We love it, Michael! That's awesome!

Jreed

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning ER Lariat Avalanche
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I have the same radio and I have been trying to decide how I could mount it in my Lariat with minimal modifications to the truck. You have given me some good ideas, but I do have some questions; what is the model of your antenna amp, did you need the Kenwood extension kit and where did you run the coaxial cable from the antenna mount to the radio? Any information would be appreciated.
KK6TXO

OP
OP
Azgunguy

Azgunguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have the same radio and I have been trying to decide how I could mount it in my Lariat with minimal modifications to the truck. You have given me some good ideas, but I do have some questions; what is the model of your antenna amp, did you need the Kenwood extension kit and where did you run the coaxial cable from the antenna mount to the radio? Any information would be appreciated.
KK6TXO
I’m not sure what you mean by antenna amp. One unit is a cell booster and that’s made by weboost, and the other is just my kenwood. I used the kenwood extension kit. I ran my coax from the antenna into the cab through the third brake light hole, along the headliner, down the drivers side of the cab to under the rear seat.

Jreed

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning ER Lariat Avalanche
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Thanks for the cable routing information, seems like a clean way to route the coax. At first glance of your picture I had assumed the cell booster was connected to the antenna input which led me to believe it was an antenna amp, but after zooming in I can see it’s not connected to the radio at all.

OP
OP
Azgunguy

Azgunguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the cable routing information, seems like a clean way to route the coax. At first glance of your picture I had assumed the cell booster was connected to the antenna input which led me to believe it was an antenna amp, but after zooming in I can see it’s not connected to the radio at all.
I also routed everything down the drivers side of the truck in the channel under the kick panels. Then under the drivers seat to the center console.
Sponsored