• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

335 miles on GOM on a brand new 2023 Lightning Lariat ER

LSUT1GER

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Ford F-150 Lightning 335 miles on GOM on a brand new 2023 Lightning Lariat ER 1714504218382-uq

I just traded in my '23 Lightning Lariat SR with 32K miles in for a brand new '23 Lightning Lariat ER with 51 miles on it. I drove 125 miles from south Louisiana to Mobile, Alabama yesterday and charged it to 100% this morning.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
That number is a default, pretty meaningless.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
That number is a default, pretty meaningless.
As I've shown in another thread, it's not a default nor completely meaningless. It does take into account driving habits, but it takes a LONG time before you see any meaningful difference. I use it as a gauge of how my driving has been over the past 1 month. That's about how long it takes before I see it change much, aside from after road trips.

The pic I posted with the 367 mile range at 100% was right before I reset trip 1 for a road trip to see the in-laws. After the trip, my max (estimated as I haven't charged back to 100% since then) is back under 300 miles now. That's a 70 mile difference after driving 650 miles at 1.8 mpk and the trip reset. That tells me my average is under what I've become accustomed to. By the end of May, it'll be back over 340 again.

That said, I by no means trust it to be accurate. I live by the 3.0 * SOC estimate (+/- 10% for various situations).

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
At 100% SOC, it is the default.

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Iā€™ve noticed that the truck tends to massively overestimate usable range when itā€™s fully charged and underestimate when itā€™s close to empty. Hereā€™s what Iā€™ve been seeing in mild Florida temperatures recently. However, it only takes 10-20 miles of driving to get the GOM back around 300 miles, so Iā€™m not sure what causes the range to spike during the last few % of a full charge.

Ford F-150 Lightning 335 miles on GOM on a brand new 2023 Lightning Lariat ER IMG_1055

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
At 100% SOC, it is the default.
I disagree with the notion that it is default. For one thing, since you like to argue semantics, default would imply that it is always the same thing. It's clearly not, so by it's technical definition you are not correct in that statement. If there truly is a default, it would show 320 regardless if you average higher or lower.

In colder weather, we saw how it bumped up the estimate. But in good weather, we see that the estimate is well over what you call the default. A greater than 20% deviation does not make me think there is a default value at 100%. I would not argue to an assertion that there is a floor to the 100% SOC. However, that is not the same as a default.

EDIT: Yes, I'm arguing for the sake of arguing :)

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charge to 80% and you will see a more realistic number.

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
Have we all forgotten the reason it's called the "GOM" in the first place? :)

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
I disagree with the notion that it is default. For one thing, since you like to argue semantics, default would imply that it is always the same thing. It's clearly not, so by it's technical definition you are not correct in that statement. If there truly is a default, it would show 320 regardless if you average higher or lower.

In colder weather, we saw how it bumped up the estimate. But in good weather, we see that the estimate is well over what you call the default. A greater than 20% deviation does not make me think there is a default value at 100%. I would not argue to an assertion that there is a floor to the 100% SOC. However, that is not the same as a default.

EDIT: Yes, I'm arguing for the sake of arguing :)
Na ahhh! :)