Additional Tesla Chargers... I think...

ChrisInVegas

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
When Tesla opened up some of their V3 chargers to Ford, the closest supercharger to me was not one of the sites open. It makes sense sine this is a smaller site with only 8 stalls and there is a newer and larger site just a couple miles down the road.

I noticed in Charge Assist this week that the site close to me is now open. I probably will only use it once when we get our adapter (we charge at home), but if you take this as a sign, Tesla may open more existing sites up to non-Teslas! Here in the southwest, there are some charging deserts (pun intended) that this may really help with. So... Check the "Find Us" page on Tesla's web site from time to time and you may just be surprised.

For reference: We live in the Northwest of Las Vegas.

Ford F-150 Lightning Additional Tesla Chargers... I think... 1711423613341-c8
Sponsored

bub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Plat
I have a new 12 stall installation at a local mall near me. Its been open for maybe 6 months.
On day 1 when the charging network was opened to ford. Tesla's app said it was available, but shortly after its no longer been available. No big deal, i won't use it being so close to home.

But I'm curious what the logic is for why its not available. Its a large 12 stall v3 installation. It can be busy during peak hours, ive seen maybe 8-10 cars. Never full though.

02Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
I have a new 12 stall installation at a local mall near me. Its been open for maybe 6 months.
On day 1 when the charging network was opened to ford. Tesla's app said it was available, but shortly after its no longer been available. No big deal, i won't use it being so close to home.

But I'm curious what the logic is for why its not available. Its a large 12 stall v3 installation. It can be busy during peak hours, ive seen maybe 8-10 cars. Never full though.
Same thing with me. A few of the local sites initially showed available then showed unavailable. Later on they popped up as available again. I think all of the chargers that aren't magic doc that they are going to allow have to get a part installed internally so that non Tesla's can charge on them. That's the only reason I have seen that would cause the charging sites to do this. Other than that it has to be a site with 250kw or higher for Non Teslas.
Sponsored