• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Android Auto observation

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lightning Flash
I recently acquired a 2024 Flash and connected my Samsung Galaxy S10e via wireless AA. Works pretty good, but I went through a car wash this weekend. The car wash was in an enclosed structure and immediately upon entering the structure, the audio playing via Spotify over AA started cutting out. Eventually it stopped entirely and the truck screen reported that the connecting to my phone broke. Upon existing the car wash, I was able to reconnect to my phone and all was good.

I cache all of my songs on playlists in Spotify locally, so they are downloaded. This eliminates the dependency on an LTE connection. Obviously the building I entered blocked the wifi signal between the truck and my phone, but I don't understand how. It may be start to wonder: does AA use my phone's data to update information (like Google maps, weather, etc) and does not use the truck's data connection? Any thoughts as to what may have caused the signal breakdown?
Sponsored

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
so, I assume you have Spotify Premium?

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
No AA does not use your truck's data. But it does use Bluetooth and WiFi. Chances are something about being in that space, or some machinery in that space was creating interference, likely on your WiFi bands

Reactions: GDN

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Interesting, but ya, if the electrics in the car wash were unsielded messes then it could jam things up.

Parsnip

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR
There is an intersection with a traffic light on my commute that if I am stopped by the light, the android auto connection is broken every time. If I get a green light it stutters but usually stays connected. I am not sure what is at that intersection (grade school on one side and factory on the other) that causes this, but it is repeatable. I usually just switch my audio source to bluetooth and it works fine.
Sponsored