• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Another Dreary Earnings Report for 'F'

MBM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT SR 312A
This is with $7500 credit. Imagine without this next year.

People just have no interest, hard to find the right charge with enough speed, battery failure, miserable resale value, and the unpredictable repare cost, no need to mention the high insurance cost and extra $100-200 registratin fee. In addition to that, our (PG&E) electricity price is $0.5.

With or without $7500, this soundsnot sustainable to me.
So the $7500 is done in 2025?
Sponsored

ackatack

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
This is with $7500 credit. Imagine without this next year.

People just have no interest, hard to find the right charge with enough speed, battery failure, miserable resale value, and the unpredictable repare cost, no need to mention the high insurance cost and extra $100-200 registratin fee. In addition to that, our (PG&E) electricity price is $0.5.

With or without $7500, this soundsnot sustainable to me.
I live in a PG&E area. There is no way you are paying $0.50 kWh with PG&E to charge your EV unless you are just doing it wrong. The off-peak (between 12am-3pm) retail rate for PG&E’s EV2A plan is just under $0.31 kWh.

columbiaskier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
I’m locked in at a fixed 6.89 cents (CAD) kWh. When I did the math on my original 2022 purchase, the gas savings alone covered interest I needed to finance the upgrade to the Lightning. Then the ZEV credit in Canada covered the steep depreciation.

That’s pretty good for switching to a first of its kind.

I keep hearing people cite the current state and essentially say EVs will never be adopted en-masse. It’s not about the current state it’s about the direction: costs will go down, technology will get better. These are long-term investments for the automakers and they have to make them to stay in the game.
Sponsored