• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Another Dreary Earnings Report for 'F'

Jake24

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 XLT Avalanche 9.6kW
BC HYDRO - Residential
T1 ~ 11¢kwh to 1326kwh
T2 ~ 14¢kwh
11pm ~ 7am time of use discount -5¢kwh
87% of BC power is hydroelectric
$9,250 ~ combined EV rebates ~ '24 XLT SR
Gas ~ $1.80 litre
Sponsored

Last edited:

02Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
Ford does a refresh on vehicles every 4-5 years. Look at tesla...very minor changes to the body and such, but their major changes come from software.

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
If you bought the dips since 1998 you would have lost a lot of money unless you sold at the exact times you needed to and got back in at the dips.

over that time - Amazon in 1998 we all know what $$$ we would have - and as someone said if you bought SPY in 1998 at Fords all time high you would have more then quadrupled your money.

can you time the market/ Ford sometimes ? Sure but Ford has shown time and time again that the long term trend is down even tho they had a good run in 2021 during Covid when everyone was excited about their EV play.

Ford has real / large legacy costs that no other auto companies do, and not declaring bankrupty, which is commendable but shows the financial burden they face vs the new car companies and those that did declare bankruptcy like GM

ford will get a pop again when Farley has to step down and investors will get hope again with the new hire. But Farley at this point is just a great talking point and has said Ford was going to fix costs and quality control since he got there almost 4 years ago this fall. He tells a great story and can see why people are drawn to him but Ford hasn’t achieved what he set out to since his arrival and stockholders are impatient now.

Just my opinion and you can certainly disagree with me but just look at Fords stock chart the past 25 years

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Buying the dips in F is not where I put my investments but that's just me. They've lagged a simple S&P index fund for years.
f.PNG
A great illustration of not investing in single company stocks, instead investing in low cost index funds.

I worked for a different Big Blue many decades ago. Bought stock at 15% below market price. Hit a high over a decade ago, now getting close to match that. 0% return over a decade (based on stock price). S&P 500 has returned a cumulative 327% over 10 years.z

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Honda Passport
Occupation
Construction Executive
Reading more details, I'm not sure if this is the time to sell or buy. Love my lightning, obviously Ford has had some quality issues, but, they are improving. Also, there software subcription model, which personally I don't like, is selling well and growing quickly. The EV market is down from bad press and lack of charging infrastructure, sooner or later the market will improve those weaknesses, as a first gen offering, I think the lightning is great. So, with a long term view, this might be a good time to buy, but, success will require follow thru and results. In this investing climate, they may not give Farley that time. I also see anecdotally that supply chain and lack of affordable offerings that anyone wants are probably an impact.

Sponsored

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
Look like Ford will be out of business soon and us with our fancy new tech vehicles with no place to go ... NOT :)

The Human Economy Marathon will end when there are no longer humans on the planet (I just hope we're not at mile 25.5 :) )

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Reported another $1B loss on EVs in the quarter, and now expects to lose $5.5B (!!!!) on them for full year 2024. Warranty costs also weighing on the stock so prepare to get a fight for every little nit and nat. I'm in the middle of one, myself.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ford-q2-earnings-183231060.html
1. Old news. They have been forcasting these numbers for a while. 2. Each potential EV buyer needs to do the "electricity cost vs. gas cost" calculation based on the costs in their area. 3. I love my May 2022 LL. I'm impressed with the ride every time my lab and I drive from Boston to Maine. 4. When folks ask me for a "buy EV or not" recommendation, I tell them, "Only buy an EV if you've got a charger in your home garage and a charger at other destinations you frequent (work, cottage, etc.)" 5. As for long drives to other locations, the Supercharger network has been great.

Ricks Lightning

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro, 2024 F150 Lightning Flash
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Holy cow, you pay $.5 for electricity? That's over 3x what we have here. I don't know if I'd even consider an EV if I was paying that much. LOL, it's actually cheaper for you to DC fast charge with a Tesla membership!
Out here with Los Angeles DWP, my cost per KHW with taxes and fees is .23 cents. Pretty much $23.00 for a 100% full tank .

My Sprinter Diesel and Nissan NV run me $100-$120 per fillup and still don't get the distance.

Most of my commutes are stop and go in town. Average 11 mph in town.. with electric, it's a win win in stop and go.

Also with both the Ford app and my charge app, I know exactly how many kwh I've charged at any given time.

Rick

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning, Anti-Matter Blue SR (311a)
Occupation
Retired CWEA Grade 3 Maintenance Technician
This is with $7500 credit. Imagine without this next year.

People just have no interest, hard to find the right charge with enough speed, battery failure, miserable resale value, and the unpredictable repare cost, no need to mention the high insurance cost and extra $100-200 registratin fee. In addition to that, our (PG&E) electricity price is $0.5.

With or without $7500, this soundsnot sustainable to me.
Hum, up in Sacramento, aren't you with SMUD? Their price / kWh is lower than PG&E.

VAF84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Consultant
Out here with Los Angeles DWP, my cost per KHW with taxes and fees is .23 cents. Pretty much $23.00 for a 100% full tank .

My Sprinter Diesel and Nissan NV run me $100-$120 per fillup and still don't get the distance.

Most of my commutes are stop and go in town. Average 11 mph in town.. with electric, it's a win win in stop and go.

Also with both the Ford app and my charge app, I know exactly how many kwh I've charged at any given time.

Rick
I wasn't downing EV ownership. I pay $.14. I was merely remarking on the insane electric prices he's paying.

Sponsored

62F1004x4

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1962 F100 2023 F150 Lightning SR
Occupation
Maintenance
Ford stick books the worst drop since 2008. In the Great Recession of 2008 the price of ford was at $2 a share. 16 years later and it’s $1 1 with a 5.38% dividend . I learned my lesson that Ford is not a good stock investment but I still buy their vehicles. This is a difficult business to be in, and no thanks on the stock investment.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Ford stick books the worst drop since 2008. In the Great Recession of 2008 the price of ford was at $2 a share. 16 years later and it’s $1 1 with a 5.38% dividend . I learned my lesson that Ford is not a good stock investment but I still buy their vehicles. This is a difficult business to be in, and no thanks on the stock investment.
Actually hit $1.08 in Jan 2009.

pullinggs

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
In addition to that, our (PG&E) electricity price is $0.5.
I'm about 60 miles from Sac and my PG&E rate (off-peak) is $0.11 per kWh. Have you looked at changing your rate plan? Gotta be something better than that! 😐

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
Ford and other so called “legacy” have an advantage in that they also sell gasoline cars. This kind of thing is nothing burger.

EV only manufacturers? Oh, yeah, they have got some white water ahead of them.
Sponsored