• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone else have issues with the speed limit sign on the speedo while navigating somewhere?

Outback15E

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 3.5 EcoBoost CGM
My truck (21 Lariat 501A) with the digital instrument cluster started acting weird the other night when I had something set as a destination in google maps with android auto. The RPM/speedo gauges got about 30% smaller and the speed limit sign that's normally placed accurately around the dial latched all the way to the right at the 120 mph spot.

I've had the truck for a week and have nav'ed around a lot with google maps and I'm 99% sure this wasn't doing this until the other night (I'm fairly certain the gauges didn't even get small).

Is this a "feature" or a bug? I've played around with the settings to see if there's a way to disable the gauges going smaller but no dice. Anyone else seen this/know how to make it stop? I got used to having the speed limit sign right there very quickly and not having it be positionally accurate is strangely disorienting.
Sponsored

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
This is normal behavior. Anything that causes the instrument panel to shift to the small Tach and Speedo will cause the speed limit information to go to the 120 mark. It will return to normal when the Tach & Speedo are normal size.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Outback15E

Outback15E

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 3.5 EcoBoost CGM
Do you know if there's a way to keep the nav from forcing the gauges into "small" mode?

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Just use your phone and don’t run the nav through the truck.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
You could possibly turn off the navigation repeater in the apim or iPC with Forscan.
Sponsored