• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone in the Atlanta area have a Sunrun install for the Pro charger?

uccbcc

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Maverick Lariat
Sponsored

Sapper55

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Farmer
I used a local electrical contractor instead of using SunRun…less than half of what SunRun wanted to charge me. Located in Cherokee County north of Atlanta.

Phip ATL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
SunRun (well, a subcontractor) came out and waiting on a quote....and been waiting for a while. At this point, I'm going to let it go and start without a charger installed. I have a 50amp circuit installed for me RV and am hoping/ guessing that should be sufficient for overnight charging which is mainly what I'll need given how much I drive.

OP
OP
uccbcc

uccbcc

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Maverick Lariat

djwildstar

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER, 2023 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Information Security
I'm in Cobb County and had SunRun come out and give an estimate. They took so long to come out that I got estimates from Qmerit and several local electricians the same week as SunRun's estimator came out ... and I had selected an electrician and work was underway before I got a call from SunRun that their estimate was ready.

I eventually went with Powers Electrical Solutions.

Sponsored

djwildstar

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Information Security
SunRun (well, a subcontractor) came out and waiting on a quote....and been waiting for a while. At this point, I'm going to let it go and start without a charger installed. I have a 50amp circuit installed for me RV and am hoping/ guessing that should be sufficient for overnight charging which is mainly what I'll need given how much I drive.
I had to go several weeks before I could use my Charge Station Pro (long story short, the CSP took a couple of weeks to arrive, and had a bad WiFi chip so it had to be replaced). I did just fine with a J+ Booster2 charging at 3.84kW off of a 6-20 (240V 20A) plug in my shop. The Ford mobile charge cord draws 30A from a 14-50 plug, so it charges at 7.2kW. That's about 15 miles of range per hour plugged in.

Randall Stephens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Jet Builder
I had to go several weeks before I could use my Charge Station Pro (long story short, the CSP took a couple of weeks to arrive, and had a bad WiFi chip so it had to be replaced). I did just fine with a J+ Booster2 charging at 3.84kW off of a 6-20 (240V 20A) plug in my shop. The Ford mobile charge cord draws 30A from a 14-50 plug, so it charges at 7.2kW. That's about 15 miles of range per hour plugged in.
Who did you contact about your bad charger wifi chip? Do I call ford? Do I call sunrun?

djwildstar

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Information Security
Who did you contact about your bad charger wifi chip? Do I call ford? Do I call sunrun?
Call Ford; there’s a number on the CSP instruction booklet if I remember correctly.

They had to transfer me a couple of times, but I wound up with the EV support team. They checked with the IT team and a couple of days later informed me they were going to fedex a replacement to me. It arrived, I had the electrician install it, and shipped the old one back to them.

Church

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat Ext. range
Occupation
County Health Director
I installed the pro myself with the help of a Tesla buddy and advice of an electrician, spent about 500-600 in cable and breakers. Would have been easier and cheaper but previous homeowner wired light duty wiring to the garage. Pro charger came with the 23 ER lariat.
Sponsored