• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Automatic Updates Suddenly Back On

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
For the past 3 months, my OTA updates have been failing on the 1.7.1 update and my automatic updates button was greyed out and I could not turn it back on. This seems to be a common issue reported on here so I was just trying to sit tight while Ford figured it out.

Today I noticed that I can turn back on my automatic updates. The widget still says my last update was a failed update 3 weeks ago, but something seems to have changed. Anyone else notice this? Hopefully, that means updates are going to be coming soon, and one day I will even get my bluecruise.
Sponsored

408sbfmustang

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Sport
Occupation
Tech
Last night my truck was acting weird and the exterior zone lights wouldn’t turn off for about twenty minutes while we were at the park. When I got back I checked the update tab was blue again. Today I checked and the update tab is now grayed out. I didn’t get a notification of any update.

TNKIRK

First Name
TERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FORD F150 LARIAT SUPERCAB
Occupation
R V SALES
Automatic updates is inop............................................................................Dealer appt on the 22nd..............I think i am still stuck on 1.4................................Still no Bluecruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

volfaninaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Eco '21 Power
Automatic updates is inop............................................................................Dealer appt on the 22nd..............I think i am still stuck on 1.4................................Still no Bluecruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I took mine to dealer and they said they can't update. I've been on 1.7.1 since December and been waiting on Bluecruise as well. I called the OTA team and they said the updates are VIN specific and nothing could be done to push the updates.

OP
OP
JJ_Tex

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
After a brief glimmer of hope, my automatic updates are back off. On the widget it has not tried to install the 1.7.1 update since early Feb.

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
I have found performing a hard reset twice in a row sometimes allows the auto updates to become configurable again, but then it goes back to greyed out eventually. Hard reset is holding power and >>| (track forward) at the same time for 10 seconds.
Sponsored