• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Not a fan honestly, azure grey metallic is a beautiful color on the truck so why put a cheap Chinese eBay grill on $90,000 truck? Just doesn't make sense to me. Plus there's too many colors and textures going on. Cheapens the look immensely.

I'm a big fan of switching out to the gloss black platinum grill, or having it vinyl wrapped gloss black.

it's your truck so do what you like, but most guys on here will tell you to avoid the cheap eBay stuff. It doesn't last and doesn't look good.

I have attached a before/after picture of what it looks like when you have your stock grill vinyl wrapped. It looks 1000x better.

Ford F-150 Lightning AZURE GRAY F-150 Lightning Photos & Club IMG_2673
Sponsored

kevojack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
Not a fan honestly, azure grey metallic is a beautiful color on the truck so why put a cheap Chinese eBay grill on $90,000 truck? Just doesn't make sense to me. Plus there's too many colors and textures going on. Cheapens the look immensely.

I'm a big fan of switching out to the gloss black platinum grill, or having it vinyl wrapped gloss black.

it's your truck so do what you like, but most guys on here will tell you to avoid the cheap eBay stuff. It doesn't last and doesn't look good.

I have attached a before/after picture of what it looks like when you have your stock grill vinyl wrapped. It looks 1000x better.

IMG_2673.jpeg
For starters, just chill lol.

second, hilarious that you’re high and mighty about “cheap Chinese eBay grill”, the OEM grill is hideous, plastic, and probably made in china too (just like most of the car’s plastic components). And sorry, you’re wrong about colors and textures—the oem grill is all over the place on both, and looks cheap and is easily one of the worst design features of the truck.

third, the irony of suggesting that my look is cheap but somehow a “vinyl wrap” (cheap material also from china) is somehow more fitting on a $90,000 truck is hilarious. that grill is still hideous on your truck and gloss black matches literally nothing else on the truck.

I’ll do me, you do you. later hater

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For starters, just chill lol.

second, hilarious that you’re high and mighty about “cheap Chinese eBay grill”, the OEM grill is hideous, plastic, and probably made in china too (just like most of the car’s plastic components). And sorry, you’re wrong about colors and textures—the oem grill is all over the place on both, and looks cheap and is easily one of the worst design features of the truck.

third, the irony of suggesting that my look is cheap but somehow a “vinyl wrap” (cheap material also from china) is somehow more fitting on a $90,000 truck is hilarious. that grill is still hideous on your truck and gloss black matches literally nothing else on the truck.

I’ll do me, you do you. later hater
Honest question- Do you think the manufacturing quality of something on a Ford OEM product is the same as some third-party generic manufacturer from China?

My wheels are gloss black and the tail light housing are gloss black so yes it completely matches the truck.

My truck has been featured in multiple magazines and websites, has yours?

kevojack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
Honest question- Do you think the manufacturing quality of something on a Ford OEM product is the same as some third-party generic manufacturer from China?

My wheels are gloss black and the tail light housing are gloss black so yes it completely matches the truck.

My truck has been featured in multiple magazines and websites, has yours?
Same quality? Probably not. But fitment is perfect since it’s, ya know, 2024 and molded plastic and precision CAD make your argument irrelevant. The real question is do you really think your OEM “quality”—still plastic, still china—is something that literally anybody notices or cares about? We’re not talking custom chrome here bud.

Sorry, couldn’t keep track of whether you kept the gloss black. I thought that was just a quick tryst between the two different sets of bronze wheels you’ve also posted. Three sets of wheels in what, 8 months? Hard to keep track.

congrats on your hard earned accolades, its clear from your replies this morning they’ve brought you a tremendous amount of joy and contentment in your life.

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Same quality? Probably not. But fitment is perfect since it’s, ya know, 2024 and molded plastic and precision CAD make your argument irrelevant. The real question is do you really think your OEM “quality”—still plastic, still china—is something that literally anybody notices or cares about? We’re not talking custom chrome here bud.

Sorry, couldn’t keep track of whether you kept the gloss black. I thought that was just a quick tryst between the two different sets of bronze wheels you’ve also posted. Three sets of wheels in what, 8 months? Hard to keep track.

congrats on your hard earned accolades, its clear from your replies this morning they’ve brought you a tremendous amount of joy and contentment in your life.
Don't post pictures for feedback if you only want and can handle positive feedback.

Sponsored

kevojack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
Don't post pictures for feedback if you only want and can handle positive feedback.
lol, it’s not about the message—the mod game is inherently subjective, if everybody liked and did the same mods then we’d be full circle back to stock—it’s about your delivery pal. if you can’t go read your replies and see how arrogant you come across, I don’t know what to tell ya.