• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Blended Braking vs Tesla Style Regen from One Pedal Only

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Interesting yours is "bit jittery once you've slowed down enough that regen begins to fade out and the service brakes have to step" because mine is smooth as silk all the way to a complete stop on regen then the brakes apply after I have stopped. Maybe you should have it looked at?
Maybe jittery isn't the right word, but I've test driven multiple Lightnings besides my own and they all exhibited this behavior to me. Maybe I've just got a sensitive foot? It's more that I can ever so slightly perceive when the regen kicks off and the service brakes kick in and the transition isn't entirely smooth.

I'm someone who always aims to drive as smooth as possible, from acceleration to braking, especially braking. I make it a point to come to a smooth final stop so gently that there is no final "grab" as the pads achieve static friction. This requires lifting off the brake pedal slowly as the truck slows down, but timed correctly with the deceleration of the vehicle. On convential gas vehicles and certainly on pre-ABS and brake force distribution cars like my Continental, it's linear and easy to gauge.

On the Lightning, it's finicky and never feels like it's ever in exactly the same place, probably because it isn't and it's the blend module trying to calculate the best time and pedal position to blend in service brakes and how much to blend in.

It's a nitpick and in no way takes away significantly from the truck, but it's something to note.
Sponsored

husky10101

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 diesel & 2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Mine is very smooth and the brakes don't apply until the truck is at a complete stop, I can hear and feel them apply just like when you hit the parking brake button, is yours still slightly rolling when the brakes apply?