Sponsored

Buying Online

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
No problem. I was initially reserved at another dealership, however when asked about an ADM they completely ignored the question. So I called another dealer and offered to transfer my reservation if they agreed to sell at MSRP. They agreed several times and agreed to prioritize my order. When it came time to order there was a $2,500 ADM on the page. Of course, pissed I called the dealership who again said they'd sell to me at MSRP. My guess is they plan on adding it to their other orders. So I was told to ignore it. At this point I had several emails saying MSRP. So figured I was fine. They also wanted $1,500 down vs. the $500 Ford asks for when placing the order. A few days after placing the order I went in to pay the additional $1,000 at this time I signed some paper with a break down of the price. I don't know what this paper is called but it's a legal document that I've gotten every time I've bought a car.

So the financing doesn't reflect that $2,500, the extra $1,000 I put down, and being in NJ I believe I will qualify for another $2,000 off.
Thanks. Enjoy your truck!
Sponsored

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
Any more specifics on the online checkout process? Specifically what happens on the dealer's side when you checkout? If you have cash or 3rd party financing can you check out and essentially drop off payment and pick up the keys, or does the dealer get the opportunity to add unwanted options and/or additional markup?

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Any more specifics on the online checkout process? Specifically what happens on the dealer's side when you checkout? If you have cash or 3rd party financing can you check out and essentially drop off payment and pick up the keys, or does the dealer get the opportunity to add unwanted options and/or additional markup?
Bump for updates. Anyone care to share their experience completing the purchase on the Ford website then picking up the truck at the dealer? I am most interested in how to avoid ADM. My order had no ADM, so if I buy online I should be able to avoid it. Tell me if I'm wrong...

Viet658

First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Curious if anyone has completed purchase with third party financing through this process yet?
Sponsored