• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Cold air entry at door and center console

starrtech2000

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER 511a
First day I have driven my new 23 lariat in colder weather. It is 28°F out today. There is freezing cold air coming in to the lower storage section of the door and all around the lower part of the console. I’ve had a lot of cars up in the mountains and never experienced this. The faster I drive, the colder it gets in those areas. Those of you who live in cold climates, have you experienced this at all? I’m wondering if they forgot weather stripping or something somewhere when they assembled this…
Ford F-150 Lightning Cold air entry at door and center console IMG_0497

Ford F-150 Lightning Cold air entry at door and center console IMG_0498
Sponsored

02Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
I know the feeling. Last year when I was that cold, it was like all the lower plastic panels on the truck kept liquid nitrogen in them. They kept my knees and feet freezing. I'd like to know if you figure anything out as far as outside air getting in these areas.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Weird, what setting is your heat on?

Bandit216

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Lightning Lariat
And, do you have the floor vents selected?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
HVAC is cycling fresh cold air periodically, try switching the recirc switch on and see if that helps.

Sponsored
OP
OP

starrtech2000

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
HVAC is cycling fresh cold air periodically, try switching the recirc switch on and see if that helps.
I mean, I’ve owned a lot of vehicles in the cold and none of them have pushed cold air through the console and door panels…

I had the heat set to 72 auto and I also tried turning on the lower vents specifically but that had no impact on the cold air I’m referring to.

I could have used the deep center glove box as a refrigerator.

tdotbuckster

First Name
Bucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2023 Lairat Hybrid
Just got an F150 Lariat Hybrid (JAN 2024), and was experiencing the same problems. I googled to find out more information and came across this chat. My experience is that when driving on the highway at over 100km (60 mph) the cold draft air coming out of the coffee cup console area along with the floor areas around the doors, was unbearable. Just not right, seemed like poor insulation. So a fix is definitely needed, but I will say once I directed the heat towards the floor area it did help a bit, but still not right and nor should that be the fix to a problem that exists.

OP
OP

starrtech2000

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just got an F150 Lariat Hybrid (JAN 2024), and was experiencing the same problems. I googled to find out more information and came across this chat. My experience is that when driving on the highway at over 100km (60 mph) the cold draft air coming out of the coffee cup console area along with the floor areas around the doors, was unbearable. Just not right, seemed like poor insulation. So a fix is definitely needed, but I will say once I directed the heat towards the floor area it did help a bit, but still not right and nor should that be the fix to a problem that exists.
I think the biggest thing I've realized is that you have to have all the heaters on, or the center area will freeze. The rear heaters get air from the front by going down the center console in ducts. If you have Driver-Focused heating on, it doesn't get any air in the center.
Sponsored