Sponsored

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
A word of caution. If thsee are the values from @Livnitup ’s FORScan spreadsheet, they might not be completely accurate for trucks that have undergone the most recent IPMA update. @Jesse-Infotainment noted that the most recent update brought Job 1 trucks up to the functionality of Job 2 trucks and that slightly different setting unlock more camera views. To determine what the best settings were for me, he found a Job 2 truck that was equipped like mine and made recommendations for changes.
Completely agree. My response was to @travbz24 because we have the same config. Cameras at speed need IPMA and APIM changes. The spreadsheet has different tabs for IPMA 2021 Job 1 vs Job 2 and 2022. 706-xx-xx stuff. And there may be more differences we haven't run into yet. We have noted apparent APIM (7D0) differences but they are not yet mapped out. Some combination of trim, options and SW level has bits behaving differently.

Can you post exactly what Jesse had you change plus your current SW and relevant options/trim in the Forscan thread? If we can capture it all we can eventually tweak the spreadsheet up so others can follow the trail you are blazing....

All: Please BACKUP before experimenting.
Sponsored

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A (on order...)
While I've been stuck at 21281 for the past few days, I had the APIM + IPC updates reappear. Running these just does the update check, then configure, then database update finishing in a few seconds each. Not actually applying any update.

These have reappeared 3 times now (about once a day). I've been running them, but should probably just ignore them...

Anyone else get this or does it point to something else going on?

travbz24

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platinum Powerboost
While I've been stuck at 21281 for the past few days, I had the APIM + IPC updates reappear. Running these just does the update check, then configure, then database update finishing in a few seconds each. Not actually applying any update.

These have reappeared 3 times now (about once a day). I've been running them, but should probably just ignore them...

Anyone else get this or does it point to something else going on?
I had this exact scenario. I clicked the little green refresh icon next to Run (ignore the warning message) and then did a Network refresh. It changed the option to download. The revision said it was the same but it installed via USB and then cleared to allow for a new GWM update. Which then led to another APIM update.

Good luck

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Completely agree. My response was to @travbz24 because we have the same config. Cameras at speed need IPMA and APIM changes. The spreadsheet has different tabs for IPMA 2021 Job 1 vs Job 2 and 2022. 706-xx-xx stuff. And there may be more differences we haven't run into yet. We have noted apparent APIM (7D0) differences but they are not yet mapped out. Some combination of trim, options and SW level has bits behaving differently.

Can you post exactly what Jesse had you change plus your current SW and relevant options/trim in the Forscan thread? If we can capture it all we can eventually tweak the spreadsheet up so others can follow the trail you are blazing....

All: Please BACKUP before experimenting.
These were the exact changes. APIM only:

7D0-01-02 - AXXX-XXXX-XXXX
7D0-01-03 - X2XX-XXXX-XXXX
7D0-01-04 - XXXX-FXXX-XXXX

Line 2 already had the recommended change. So, I only needed to make the changes to lines 1 and 3.

I have a 2021 Lariat PB 502a, Job 1. No BC or power running boards. Current IPMA S/W Version (Node F188) is ML3T-14H102-ABS.

I’m not sure which FORSCan thread you are referring to but feel free to copy the data over if useful.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
those should be ok for any with 360 cams.

Sponsored

Ruffiano99

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Does returning an FDRS license pause the expiration time?

FordConvert

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB 502A
Occupation
Builder
those should be ok for any with 360 cams.
Dumb question since I haven’t followed the camera discussion:

I have Lariat 502a ‘21 job 1 with 360. I’m at BC and have full-screen bed and hitch cameras at speed. Would these changes do anything different for me?

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dumb question since I haven’t followed the camera discussion:

I have Lariat 502a ‘21 job 1 with 360. I’m at BC and have full-screen bed and hitch cameras at speed. Would these changes do anything different for me?
Yep. You can activate the cameras at speed from the dash button without going through the side card and you’ll get more views. So far, I’ve only pulled up rear view in addition to hitch and bed but the buttons for the other views are there.

FordConvert

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB 502A
Occupation
Builder
Yep. You can activate the cameras at speed from the dash button without going through the side card and you’ll get more views. So far, I’ve only pulled up rear view in addition to hitch and bed but the buttons for the other views are there.
The dash button is what I use to activate the two full-screen views already. I’ll do those changes and check out what it does. Thanks!

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) RockyRidge K2
Is there a way to show the tailgate camera viewing outward rather than pointing down at the hitch? That is the only camera on my truck, tailgate cam. Or is the hitch view the only available option at speed.

Sponsored

JaHoova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew XLT Powerboost
Sooo good news and bad news for me.
Good news I bought a 2 days license anticipating just running to TSB. To find all these waiting for me even tho im only at sync 20312. Guess that means i can get Blue cruise even tho im way behind
7A732715-8502-4F30-AC72-2F3ADA8307FB.jpeg

Bad news is i got this message attempting the TSB and cant figure out why. I installed the drivers( or atleast i think i did) got to the part about plugging in the USB cable and this message came up…
B781B535-9ACB-4FED-9C68-6FC2CF47AB7F.jpeg

The unfortunate part about having all those updates available is i dont have a mongoose. So im not prepared for them and i only have 2 days.
HELP! ?
I suspect you may not have actually installed the drivers even though you thought you did. The "driver installer" just installs a program to install the drivers into your C drive. Try going to C:\Program Files (x86\Sync Drivers Intaller\ and see what is there. I had an install.bat script that once I ran ACTUALLY installed the drivers which got me through that error. While you are at it, don't use a combo USB hub and ethernet adapter. It has to be a ethernet adapter only to work if FDRS asks you do do ethernet.

Ruffiano99

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
I suspect you may not have actually installed the drivers even though you thought you did. The "driver installer" just installs a program to install the drivers into your C drive. Try going to C:\Program Files (x86\Sync Drivers Intaller\ and see what is there. I had an install.bat script that once I ran ACTUALLY installed the drivers which got me through that error. While you are at it, don't use a combo USB hub and ethernet adapter. It has to be a ethernet adapter only to work if FDRS asks you do do ethernet.
Yea i ordered basically the same parts you did. When you clicked the .bat file did u see a black window popup and close real quick? Thats what mine did. My laptop is windows 7, maybe its too old to run the drivers.

Slappy McGee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
While you are at it, don't use a combo USB hub and ethernet adapter. It has to be a ethernet adapter only to work if FDRS asks you do do ethernet.
I will add that if you're a goober like me who happily started the procedure only to realize their laptop had no Ethernet port (in my defense I was using the kids' laptop since mine doesn't run Windows) a USB hub/ethernet adapter plugged INTO THE LAPTOP will work fine. For the truck connection I used the recommended StarTech adapter.

It looks downright ridiculous, and it's technically downright ridiculous to be doing from USB to ethernet to USB to different USB but amazingly it all worked.

Ruffiano99

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
I will add that if you're a goober like me who happily started the procedure only to realize their laptop had no Ethernet port (in my defense I was using the kids' laptop since mine doesn't run Windows) a USB hub/ethernet adapter plugged INTO THE LAPTOP will work fine. For the truck connection I used the recommended StarTech adapter.

It looks downright ridiculous, and it's technically downright ridiculous to be doing from USB to ethernet to USB to different USB but amazingly it all worked.
What version of windows were you running?

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Is there a way to show the tailgate camera viewing outward rather than pointing down at the hitch? That is the only camera on my truck, tailgate cam. Or is the hitch view the only available option at speed.
I can’t speak to non-360 camera set ups, but I do get a rear view in addition to hitch at speed. Same view as when backing up.
Sponsored