Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning SR and ER
Awesome trip to Norway with Ford this week to launch the F-150 Lightning! Quick thread breaking down the charging infrastructure and some really cool things we saw and learned on the first day! Norway provides an excellent example for the future of EV adoption. 🇳🇴⚡*pictures roughly match each paragraph*

Arriving at Gardermoen! Mach-E AWD picked us up and was a twin to my First Edition. 🥲 Checked out the charging infrastructure at airport.😱🤯 One floor has 700 chargers alone (L2). Approx. 1500 charging points at airport in total. I saw EVs I thought I’d never see. SO cool. Also saw a ton of Mach-E taxis!

After the airport Ford Norway took us on a journey to see some charging stations nearby.

Our first stop was a gas station/Mcdonald’s. Recharge network is the largest in Norway. Here at this complex there are 2 sets of chargers alone! 🤯

Next we stopped at a Circle K to see an Ionity station and experience Plug & Charge. This was literally just a few miles north of the previous stop. Circle K also had their own chargers on site. Pull-throughs rock and are badly needed here in US!

On our next stop we saw something really fun. A Nio battery swap station!! Don’t believe this was up and running quite yet but very cool to see. Again 2 and soon to be 3 sets of chargers here at this site. ⚡🔋

Kristian with Ford Norway showed us his RFID key tag. This allows him to charge on multiple networks with an easy swipe. Super cool and worked instantly. These chargers give you tons of info. Even if your vehicle is limiting your speeds for example.

As we drove into the city of Oslo we saw lots of fun vehicles. EVs EVERYWHERE. E-transits left and right…best selling EV van and you can tell. Towing is crucial to many Norwegians as we saw quite quickly! 😍

Overall I saw the path of how we get this done here in the US. We can do this. It’s not that far out of reach at all. And the future of charging isn’t just Tesla or nothing. These companies are looking to move into the US market. I can’t wait. The future is electric.
🇳🇴⚡🔋🇺🇸

Thank you to Kristian & Ford Norway for this really neat and informative tour! This is just the first couple hours of our trip! So much more to share. Stay tuned! ⚡

#experience #future #infrastructure #ford #f150lightning #norway #evs #electricvehicles

Ford F-150 Lightning Epic Norway trip with Ford for F-150 Lightning launch! img_4164-jpe

Ford F-150 Lightning Epic Norway trip with Ford for F-150 Lightning launch! img_4192-jpe

Ford F-150 Lightning Epic Norway trip with Ford for F-150 Lightning launch! lightning-event-52-jpe

Ford F-150 Lightning Epic Norway trip with Ford for F-150 Lightning launch! Ford F-150 Lightning lansering Norge 2023 (2)

Ford F-150 Lightning Epic Norway trip with Ford for F-150 Lightning launch! img_3881-jpe

Ford F-150 Lightning Epic Norway trip with Ford for F-150 Lightning launch! img_3883-jpe

Ford F-150 Lightning Epic Norway trip with Ford for F-150 Lightning launch! img_3890-jpe

Ford F-150 Lightning Epic Norway trip with Ford for F-150 Lightning launch! img_3896-jpe

Ford F-150 Lightning Epic Norway trip with Ford for F-150 Lightning launch! img_3897-jpe

Ford F-150 Lightning Epic Norway trip with Ford for F-150 Lightning launch! img_3904-jpe

Ford F-150 Lightning Epic Norway trip with Ford for F-150 Lightning launch! img_3916-jpe

Ford F-150 Lightning Epic Norway trip with Ford for F-150 Lightning launch! img_3929-jpe

Ford F-150 Lightning Epic Norway trip with Ford for F-150 Lightning launch! img_3939-jpe

Ford F-150 Lightning Epic Norway trip with Ford for F-150 Lightning launch! img_3947-jpe

Ford F-150 Lightning Epic Norway trip with Ford for F-150 Lightning launch! img_3971-jpe

Ford F-150 Lightning Epic Norway trip with Ford for F-150 Lightning launch! img_3973-jpe

Ford F-150 Lightning Epic Norway trip with Ford for F-150 Lightning launch! img_3976-jpe

Ford F-150 Lightning Epic Norway trip with Ford for F-150 Lightning launch! img_3983-jpe

Ford F-150 Lightning Epic Norway trip with Ford for F-150 Lightning launch! img_4008-jpe

Ford F-150 Lightning Epic Norway trip with Ford for F-150 Lightning launch! 46daa747-37fb-4a2d-843d-c95f08a28b25-jpe
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Excited that Ford says they are learning. Excited you may have a plan. Perhaps you can develop EV's from the ground up that integrate better and you can deliver SW and innovative SW to the vehicles at a little better pace than you have today.

I trust you are young and you've got excitement and can help the company innovate and lead.

I feel unfortunately you all have just found is a hot bed and think it will be really easy to walk into a place where adoption is hot. I can't help but wonder who laid that ground work for you.

The vast majority of those Superchargers will charge CCS style cars. Now if you could just build a few chargers in the US to support your roll out here. At this point in time it is still nothing more than a fad for Ford.

Ford F-150 Lightning Epic Norway trip with Ford for F-150 Lightning launch! Screenshot 2023-04-22 at 5.22.09 PM