• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Finished our Lightning builds!!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning SR and ER
Finally finished our Lightning builds! We own a Lariat SR and a Lariat ER. Both 2022s.
- Lightning Mudflaps
- 275/60/20 Goodyear Ultraterrains
- Shorty Antenna
- Pureflow HEPA Cabin Air Filters
- BAKFLIP MX4s
- Bosch Icon Wipers
- Full ceramic coat on each

I guess I shouldn't say completely finished as we do have some rear tag LEDs coming later this month. The big stuff is done tho. :LOL: Absolutely LOVE our trucks. Follow me on Twitter (@jacecraftmiller) and Instagram (@jacecraftmillerev) for more of a deep dive!

Ford F-150 Lightning Finished our Lightning builds!! IMG_2187

Ford F-150 Lightning Finished our Lightning builds!! IMG_3581
Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Hi Jace... I see you made it to the forums. I think we met at the Lightning Strikes launch last year.

It's hard to see all those mods, but I love the tires and the shorty antenna. Still wondering why they still have big antennas in the first place. My Mach-E didn't have anything but the one in the glass.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Finally finished our Lightning builds! We own a Lariat SR and a Lariat ER. Both 2022s.
- Lightning Mudflaps
- 275/60/20 Goodyear Ultraterrains
- Shorty Antenna
- Pureflow HEPA Cabin Air Filters
- BAKFLIP MX4s
- Bosch Icon Wipers
- Full ceramic coat on each

I guess I shouldn't say completely finished as we do have some rear tag LEDs coming later this month. The big stuff is done tho. :LOL: Absolutely LOVE our trucks. Follow me on Twitter (@jacecraftmiller) and Instagram (@jacecraftmillerev) for more of a deep dive!

IMG_2187.jpeg

IMG_3581.jpeg
How bad is the range hit with those tires?

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (Lariat). 2009 Escape Hybrid.
It's hard to see all those mods, but I love the tires and the shorty antenna. Still wondering why they still have big antennas in the first place. My Mach-E didn't have anything but the one in the glass.
I like the tall antenna, because it is just as tall or barely more so than my GoFast Camper on my Lightning. So if my antenna clears a parking garage, then I know the rest of the truck will, too.

And it's nice to be able to listen to local radio when there may be tornados and flooding ahead.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Hi Jace... I see you made it to the forums. I think we met at the Lightning Strikes launch last year.

I believe they said the large antenna is for the AM radio and increased reception in rural areas. Maybe now that they are dropping AM radio they will change the antenna.

Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I believe they said the large antenna is for the AM radio and increased reception in rural areas. Maybe now that they are dropping AM radio they will change the antenna.
I think dropping AM radio is a bad idea. There are still quite a few popular News, talk and sports radio stations in New York City. You don't need high fidelity for talk and news.

Although you can stream them on things like iHeartRadio, it's super easy to catch up on the news by tapping a radio preset.

I guess this move explains why the largest news stations in NYC are starting to simulcast on FM channels. Unfortunately, they took over a great Alternative / 90s rock station for 1010 WINS (the biggest news station) to make that move.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning SR and ER

Awesome!! Man what an awesome time that was. Iā€™ll have to post some better pics here. Got some killer shots.
Ford F-150 Lightning Finished our Lightning builds!! IMG_6700

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Hasnā€™t been too bad on the SR during winter. So we put them on the ER as well. 5-7% in winter. Worth it IMO
Wow, that is very good! Those just made my short list! Been looking for some that are better in snow but under 10% range impact.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning SR and ER
Wow, that is very good! Those just made my short list! Been looking for some that are better in snow but under 10% range impact.
Sticking to stock size and P rated is key IMO.
Sponsored