Florida Power & Light Unlimited EV Charging

White Lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Pharmacist | Pharmacy Owner
This seems like a good option for high kWh users. Unlimited EV charging for $38/month if FPL installs the 240V circuit, $31/month if you do it yourself or already have one. >15 off-peak hours/day. It does appear you may have to use their charger, which could be a deal-breaker if you want to use the Charge Station Pro.

• From November through March, off-peak hours are Monday through Friday 10:00 pm to 6:00 am and 10:00 am to 6:00 pm; all weekends; and the holidays of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day.

• From April through October, off-peak hours are 9:00 pm to 12:00 pm; all weekends; and the holidays of Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day.

• Customers can charge during on-peak hours but will be billed at a rate of 22.87¢ /kWh in addition to the monthly service payment.

• Consistent with the charging equipment’s expected useful life, the program term is 10 years.

• Customers will be able to terminate the subscription before the end of the term but will be subject to an early termination fee, approximately $768.48, to cover the costs of uninstalling and removing the equipment, and redeployment costs.

• At the end of the program term, ownership of the Level 2 charging equipment transfers to the program participant at no cost.

https://www.fpl.com/electric-vehicles/evolution/home.html

https://www.fpl.com/electric-vehicles/faq.html#ev-home
Sponsored

butterfb

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Occupation
Senior Support Engineer
I wish Duke was doing something like this. They do have a waitlist for a discount for only charging at night but it is only for like $20 off a month..

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
I wish Duke was doing something like this. They do have a waitlist for a discount for only charging at night but it is only for like $20 off a month..
Duke in North Carolina is currently running a trial where they get the charging info from Ford. You don’t need a specific EVSE. Maybe if that is successful they will roll it out to their other markets. It’s a fixed cost of either $20 or $25 a month (depending on location) for up to 800 kWh. I started a thread on it and if I get time today I plan to add info from the first billing cycle.
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/duke-power-nc-charging-trial.17471/

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 F-450 Platinum & '23 Ford Lightning Lariat & 2 Tesla Model Ys
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
The only issue with the FPL plan is there is a 10 year commitment. Early termination fees are around $800.

If you are young enough and expect to live in your house for the 10 years it's a great deal. I don't meet either of these expectations.

According to the Social Security Actuarial chart my life expectancy is 9.32 years.
https://www.ssa.gov/oact/STATS/table4c6.html

JoshuaF

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Flash
Occupation
Professor
Resurrecting this as I'm considering this program. Unlimited off-peak charging is quite attractive. The 10-year commitment is a concern, but there is this detail in the FAQs.
  • After five years of participation, you can also choose to purchase the equipment at a cost equivalent to the remaining net book value.
I will call tomorrow to verify what this means. I'm hoping that the remaining net value of the charging equipment would be reasonable after 5 years.

If I drive about 12,000 miles per year and pay ~$0.15/kWh, this program should save about $560 in annual electrical cost, with the charger and installation thrown in for free.
Sponsored