• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Pass access denied before delivery

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Many try to connect to Ford Pass as soon as the trucks are built and before they are delivered. Many note how they get a "denied" and have to start over. I stumbled on this watching some of Fords 2 minute How To videos. You may not get denied by a person pressing the deny button, it may just mean your truck is being started and moved a lot.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Pass access denied before delivery FP deny.PNG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Here's something I learned last week.

I took my 2021 F150 in for its second oil change. The first one was done free last year by the dealership. When I went to pick it up, they told me the price of the work. When I said I wanted to use my FordPass points, they said I didn't have any.

Long story short, after a conversation with a FordPass representative, I never received my 42,000 FordPass points because my modem was activated too early, with regards to my sale date. 8 days to be exact. I activated it when I test drove it, but couldn't pick it up right away because I was waiting for shipping damage to be fixed.

So, if the FordPass points are important to you, you might want to think twice about having your truck activated while still at the assembly plant.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Here's something I learned last week.

I took my 2021 F150 in for its second oil change. The first one was done free last year by the dealership. When I went to pick it up, they told me the price of the work. When I said I wanted to use my FordPass points, they said I didn't have any.

Long story short, after a conversation with a FordPass representative, I never received my 42,000 FordPass points because my modem was activated too early, with regards to my sale date. 8 days to be exact. I activated it when I test drove it, but couldn't pick it up right away because I was waiting for shipping damage to be fixed.

So, if the FordPass points are important to you, you might want to think twice about having your truck activated while still at the assembly plant.
And they wouldn’t work with you at all on it? Pretty disappointing when it was their fault for shipping damage repairs. I could see if we activate it right off the assembly line but not this!

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
And they wouldn’t work with you at all on it? Pretty disappointing when it was their fault for shipping damage repairs. I could see if we activate it right off the assembly line but not this!
Sorry. I didn't realize there was a reply to this.

Yes, I finally got my points earlier this week. It took almost 3 weeks, 4 phone calls to a Fordpass representative and a trip to the dealership to get paperwork to email to them.

I have to say, everybody I talked to was very nice and apologetic. Now I can order my console vault.
Sponsored