• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Pass app broken for days

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
I had the same experience as you, to include a lack of consistency with access to my connected services (EA charging). Ford BEV & FordPass CS recommend a Service visit as they were seeing an intermittent loss of communication with my truck’s modem.

An all-day service visit revealed a fault at the charge port, potentially due to water infiltration 🙃. Replacement on order…not relying on DC fast charging until it’s replace…AC charging isn’t an issue….No FordPass issues since the service visit….go figure 🤔
So I did have a charging issue at one point but have since been able to DC fast charge. From what I have been through, I think many of these issues are caused when you put the Fordpass app on multiple phones. Just a theory though. I have not had issues since removing the Fordpass app off of my wife’s phone.
Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
So I did have a charging issue at one point but have since been able to DC fast charge. From what I have been through, I think many of these issues are caused when you put the Fordpass app on multiple phones. Just a theory though. I have not had issues since removing the Fordpass app off of my wife’s phone.
Yeah, not sure on the details yet….I picked my truck after the Service Department had closed for the day, so I wasn’t able to talk to the Tech who worked on it. I plan to get more details when I take it back when the replacement part comes in.

We have only had FordPass on one of our phones. I was able to DC fast charge, but it wasn’t payable through my Ford Account…I had to use the EA app. It was quite the mess as the charge session errored-out even though I attempted to first end the charge session from/within my truck. It took all of the 15 min. Idle Grace Period to get the charger to unlock.

Ford said they could see multiple error codes at their end, including some 12V Batt related., which led to their recommendation to go in for the dealer service. My understanding is the Service Tech checked my LVB connections and found no issues, but did see errrors when he tested the Charging Port….those errors indicated the need for a replacement.

Last edited:

O’Majestic1’slightnigF150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350 F250 F250 Taurus Cessna Super Air Natique
Occupation
Retired Engineer & Product Developer
I received a survey from FordPass today asking me to come back and start using the app again. Doh! I have 5 vehicles in there and use the app multiple times a day. Does this tell you anything? Other than maybe they also pulled user data 2 years ago to survey?

OP
OP
ninjaybot

ninjaybot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat
I received a survey from FordPass today asking me to come back and start using the app again. Doh! I have 5 vehicles in there and use the app multiple times a day. Does this tell you anything? Other than maybe they also pulled user data 2 years ago to survey?
I got the survey too. Lol why’d you stop using the app? Because it doesn’t connect to my truck!!

• Love
Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

3LCD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Mine is borked and its Connected Services in the truck not functioning... I posted a video in my "Alexa not working" thread and curious to see if any of you have that same experience in your settings?

Nothing pulls up for the list of services when FordPass can't talk to my truck... Its extremely irritating.

Last edited:

timothyedwards

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning XLT, Chevy Avalanche, Nissan Leaf
I've been testing mine to see if I see any obvious patterns. The only thing I have noticed is that my app will not work but as soon as I start the truck manually I am able to lock/unlock the vehicle within the app with very little delay. I don't know how the modem works when the truck is in standby or off for some period of time. I am unsure of the interconnectivity of the modem and wifi. It is strange that my phone and vehicle can be on the same wifi and unable to talk/function together.

(I feel like the app worked better when I first got the truck a month ago.)

I have not used any scanning tools as of yet.

Is it beneficial to contact Ford Support to have them remote check the system? What's the best / easiest way if so?

V8BoatBuilder

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
I too got the survey. One of the questions was "why haven't you activated your modem."

Odd.. Since I do use the app to lock the truck and that actually works!

timothyedwards

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Has anyone looked at 3rd party solutions? I am tired of the app pretty much never working. It’s like the cell modem goes in to sleep mode and never responds till I’m at the vehicle. Which is useless. It worked better before the update but not as good as other products.

Winter is coming!

Ostrichsak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Has anyone looked at 3rd party solutions? I am tired of the app pretty much never working. It’s like the cell modem goes in to sleep mode and never responds till I’m at the vehicle. Which is useless. It worked better before the update but not as good as other products.

Winter is coming!
I don't have a solution for this issue but I can say that it appears to be common across manufacturers. I think it's something that's done to combat the vampire drain you hear so much about. Used to be (on my Teslas) I had an option to keep the MCU awake at the expense of higher battery use. I always enabled this because charging & range really wasn't an issue even on those older cars that had much less range. What I wanted though was my car to respond instantly whenever I opened the app.

This worked exactly like it should save for a couple of rare instances where the car didn't have reception (we live in the foothills of the Rockies and often use our cars to camp up in the mountains) but otherwise it would connect nearly instantly. The newer cars don't even have that feature and the cars just sleep all of the time w/o you having a say. I get it for those who don't want to know much about their cars but miss that ability if you want to sacrifice range for connectivity. I fully get that the default should be KISS for the average owner but having the ability to adjust for those of us who are a little bit more into such things is nice.

Within the last year or so I began noticing that, even on our older cars, I wouldn't be able to connect to the car at times. Even if it was in my garage with solid network connectivity I wasn't able to communicate via the app. Even though this feature was still enabled, the cars started sleeping which meant I'd have to go out to the garage and physically open a door to wake it up again.

This became an especially common occurrence on the ones that sit unused during the week. I even began noticing it sometimes only hours after getting home on the ones we're driving daily. Whatever algorithm they use for this was definitely ramped to the direction of decreased vampire drain by sleeping more frequently and possibly even deeper.

My guess is this is how Ford will do it too. I already saw other posts of brand-new-to-EV owners complaining that their vehicle was losing range just sitting there. Even though it was only a few miles, this is the common reaction for new EV owners who don't understand these common concepts. Rechargeable batteries loose power when they sit... thems the facts.

ETA: I notice the same behavior even if the car is plugged in which makes even less sense.

Last edited:

Sponsored

timothyedwards

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for your post. Very insightful and kinda what I figured. I personally would give up battery % for the ability to start my car when I want.

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
…I had to use the EA app.
A little of topic here, but even though plug and charge does work for me, I instead use the EA app to charge because it appears the only way for me to get the special "Pass+" pricing that I pay $4.00 a month for which has a break even point of just 30KWH (so less than one charge a month) ..

I start the EA charge session using the EA app before I plug in and this enables the discounted rate, where if I just plug in, I'm getting the standard higher rate. I

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
A little of topic here, but even though plug and charge does work for me, I instead use the EA app to charge because it appears the only way for me to get the special "Pass+" pricing that I pay $4.00 a month for which has a break even point of just 30KWH (so less than one charge a month) ..

I start the EA charge session using the EA app before I plug in and this enables the discounted rate, where if I just plug in, I'm getting the standard higher rate. I
That is my understanding also…..

swajames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Technology and software development
On iOS at least a new version (4.22.0) showed up today with the version history indicating it's a bug fix release, there doesn't appear to be any new features. Maybe it will address some of the issues noted in this thread.

OP
OP
ninjaybot

ninjaybot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat
The update to the app didn’t change anything for me. Ford pass will only connect to my truck when I drive it. Really don’t want to leave my truck at the dealer.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN