• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford sells 8M shares of Rivian

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
This might be OT but since it directly involves Ford and the competition I'll put it here. Rivian stock is down 85% from its peak last year. There could be troubles for the brand if they lose confidence from their investors. Ford has 102M shares so this is less than 10% of their total investment but could be a sign that they'll reduce over time. The InsideEVs article also notes that JP Morgan Chase is selling 13-15M shares.

Sponsored

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah... my broker account is feeling it.

OP
OP
LightningShow

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
It's tempting to buy but the market cap is still a little high for a niche automaker who has shipped a few thousand vehicles. They'll never be Tesla. I might buy a few shares for a long term play but I don't feel great about them doing significantly more than a niche player.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
It's tempting to buy but the market cap is still a little high for a niche automaker who has shipped a few thousand vehicles. They'll never be Tesla. I might buy a few shares for a long term play but I don't feel great about them doing significantly more than a niche player.
Yeah, I told my friend the same thing last November when he said he'd made a bundle on Rivian stock. Rivian has a nice product (it's actually my favorite EV truck) but it is too inexpensive to generate much revenue at this stage, and the current state of manufacturing affairs cripples their already limited capacity to ramp up. Their preorder pricing debacle is going to really hurt them. On top of this they don't really have any truly valuable unique IP to establish a floor of value.

Chado

First Name
chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, BMW, Tesla
That didn't help Rivian or Ford @$13.43 lol hopefully once the amazing lightning reviews hit YouTube $F makes a turn around 😂
Sponsored