• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Found a Lightning fire department truck

OP
OP
bmw325_num99

bmw325_num99

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah, that is weird for sure. Someone is a financially-concious (paranoid?) that doesnt want a chance of public uproar!
Sponsored

jmc6020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Seems odd though. If it was Lariat, where is the front light bar. It looks more like a Pro to me.
In the pictures there’s no front light bar, no rear light bar and the door handles are not color matched so it’s not a Lariat

OP
OP
bmw325_num99

bmw325_num99

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
In the pictures there’s no front light bar, no rear light bar and the door handles are not color matched so it’s not a Lariat
The truck pictured in the original post is not the truck described later as having the Lariat badges removed. Two different firetrucks being discussed here, FYI.

njaehner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning, 2017 Tesla Model X
The driver was the fleet manager for the local fire department (county? municipality? I cannot remember). He requested a Lightning (good move!) and with incentives/rebates it was cheaper than a similarly-equipped gas F150. His colleagues don't seem to understand the appeal, he says, but I thought it is a fantastic use-case for these EV trucks.
I believe this is the West Allis, Wisconsin fire department (near Milwaukee). Found this in the West Allis Fire Department 2022 Annual Report:

Ford F-150 Lightning Found a Lightning fire department truck Screenshot 2024-08-03 at 3.27.51 PM

Separately, it looks like the North Kansas City Fire Department has also recently acquired an F-150 Lightning for their Fire Marshal.
It's nice to see a few agencies taking the leap towards electrification and in turn, helping save taxpayer dollars. I'll be interested to see if this catches on with other agencies/entities.

cdherman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Prime, 2016 Leaf
I believe this is the West Allis, Wisconsin fire department (near Milwaukee). Found this in the West Allis Fire Department 2022 Annual Report:

Screenshot 2024-08-03 at 3.27.51 PM.png

Separately, it looks like the North Kansas City Fire Department has also recently acquired an F-150 Lightning for their Fire Marshal.
It's nice to see a few agencies taking the leap towards electrification and in turn, helping save taxpayer dollars. I'll be interested to see if this catches on with other agencies/entities.
North Kansas City is a bit of a midwest outlier. They contracted and installed fiber optic internet to the whole city and made it free for all residents. Tax dollar at work.

Sponsored

Church

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat Ext. range
Occupation
County Health Director
I would be okay with my city buying XLTs but would prefer then to get pros. Yet again my little town about imploded when they put in 12 Tesla super chargers outside the local grocery store. They damn near doxed every “Biden mobile” owner.

OP
OP
bmw325_num99

bmw325_num99

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer

Screenshot 2024-08-03 at 3.27.51 PM.png

I bet you are right on West Allis. Very nearby so makes sense with what you found.
Sponsored