• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Has anyone had issues with their dashboard screen looking like this

nubkub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Graphic Designer
I just got my truck back today after it being in the shop for 3 weeks to replace a battery module. Really had high hopes but after getting in it for the third time today and driving it, I got the messed up screen background posted in the image below. If it's not one thing, it's another. I drove it home and then turned it off and on and it cleared, but this is something new. I love this truck so much but confidence is really gone. Also got an email from ford today saying I have a powertrain malfunction. Called the dealer and they think it's just a delayed email from three weeks ago. I just can't win.

Ford F-150 Lightning Has anyone had issues with their dashboard screen looking like this IMG_2754
Sponsored

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
I have had that happen a couple times. I just turn the car off and back on and it went back to normal. It’s part of the opening screen animation when you open the door that does not go away and go to the normal screen. Just a little glitch that rarely happens for me.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Looks like what happens to a TV when someone hits the screen.

Citizen0

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Anti-Matter Blue
Occupation
CTO
Not the exact same problem, but I sometimes have the call indicator popup get stuck and can't clear it from the dash screen. The menu and back buttons cease to function at all. I can still see the speed and charge/power levels on either side, so really just an annoyance. A 2nd call usually clears it.

I had a 2015 C-Max prior to Sparky and had hoped Sync and the associated software would have improved. It has, but there is still a long way to go.

Generally it seems like we have 2 problems in the auto industry:

1. Tesla is a software company first and it shows with their software stack, but causes manufacturing problems (panel gaps, sunroof leaks/detatchment, etc).

2. Ford (and the other "legacy" manufacturers) [generally] know how to build a vehicle, but they lag on the software side.

I'm unsure of others companies since I've only owned Fords the last couple of decades. I'm curious how Rivian is doing, and what the overall software/hardware is like in Hyundia and Kia and the others that are manufacturing EVs now.

It's really going to take both (software and manufacturing prowess) for a truly good end-user experience..
Sponsored