• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Help With Non B&O System

lcsmall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Hi all. First post here as I just took delivery of a new 2023 Lightning XLT last week. I'm coming from a Tesla Modal Y so I'm somewhat familiar with EV vehicles. Other than not being able to connect to FordPass (which is hopefully being addressed at a dealership this week), I'm mostly happy with the truck.

The only thing I would like to do right away is dealing with the crappy non-B&O audio system. I've read all the threads I can find on people upgrading their current B&O systems, but there doesn't seem to be a lot out there on the base system. Can someone point me to something I might be missing? Ideally to start I just want to add a small amplifier or powered sub to get at least a little low end out of the system. I'll worry about upgrading the rest of the speakers a little later.

From what I've been able to pick up, I would need a harness out of the head unit into a Kicker Keyloc type converter and then go into the amp or sub. Can anyone add anymore insight on this. Are you getting a full-range signal from another speaker? Are the other speakers all full range? I've installed systems in past vehicles, but I'm a little unsure how to proceed with this vehicle. Thanks for any suggestions.
Sponsored

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
I have the base but I went the 'bought not built' route and paid for a setup from Sounds Good Stereo; they utilized a T-Harness from the stock radio running back to a pair of Kicker KeyLOC amps, one for components in the front and rear door + an amp for the two 6.5" subwoofers in an enclosure that hides behind the rear of the passenger side back seat.

Madasahatter1138

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit
Occupation
Electronics Tech
Hi all. First post here as I just took delivery of a new 2023 Lightning XLT last week. I'm coming from a Tesla Modal Y so I'm somewhat familiar with EV vehicles. Other than not being able to connect to FordPass (which is hopefully being addressed at a dealership this week), I'm mostly happy with the truck.

The only thing I would like to do right away is dealing with the crappy non-B&O audio system. I've read all the threads I can find on people upgrading their current B&O systems, but there doesn't seem to be a lot out there on the base system. Can someone point me to something I might be missing? Ideally to start I just want to add a small amplifier or powered sub to get at least a little low end out of the system. I'll worry about upgrading the rest of the speakers a little later.

From what I've been able to pick up, I would need a harness out of the head unit into a Kicker Keyloc type converter and then go into the amp or sub. Can anyone add anymore insight on this. Are you getting a full-range signal from another speaker? Are the other speakers all full range? I've installed systems in past vehicles, but I'm a little unsure how to proceed with this vehicle. Thanks for any suggestions.
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/upgraded-audio-project-non-b-o.19889/

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT

I feel your pain, but sadly the B&O system isn't much better - at all and not compared to Tesla. One key on your research is to know that the Lightning sounds systems are just like the ICE sound systems. There are a ton more of those trucks on the road and they have their own sister forum to this one - head over to https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/ and do some searches and you will find a few more updates and solutions - adding subs, replacing speakers, etc.
Sponsored