First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 FX4
Occupation
Engineer/Contractor
The Delta inverter has a max PV input of 12.5kW I think. I'm planning a solar install of 20kW in an area not serviced by Sunrun. Anyone know if it will be possible to have 2 Delta 9.6kW inverters in parallel. Along with having more solar connected, the home backup could also be 19.2kW?
Sponsored

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
If I get your question then I'd say only if they have a failsafe tie between the two.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I don't think you will be able to get more than 9.6 KW from the truck in any case..
My guess is that the Delta inverter will not have the handshake hardware or logic to work with the truck at all.

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
The Delta inverter has a max PV input of 12.5kW I think. I'm planning a solar install of 20kW in an area not serviced by Sunrun. Anyone know if it will be possible to have 2 Delta 9.6kW inverters in parallel. Along with having more solar connected, the home backup could also be 19.2kW?
I had thought of this same question as we are getting a 15.6 KWh system installed and wondering if the HIS would allow for that size system or if part of that would need to be ran seperately somehow... I am no solar expert or electrician but I am looking into getting the HIS in our system so it will be great to undestand if the Delta Inverter would be able to support that large of a system.

Thank you for bringing up the question

OP
OP

d2blake

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 FX4
Occupation
Engineer/Contractor
I don't think you will be able to get more than 9.6 KW from the truck in any case..
My guess is that the Delta inverter will not have the handshake hardware or logic to work with the truck at all.
The Delta inverter is the only inverter meant to work with the truck. I agree it wouldn't pull more than 9.6kw from the truck likely but if the solar is producing
I had thought of this same question as we are getting a 15.6 KWh system installed and wondering if the HIS would allow for that size system or if part of that would need to be ran seperately somehow... I am no solar expert or electrician but I am looking into getting the HIS in our system so it will be great to undestand if the Delta Inverter would be able to support that large of a system.

Thank you for bringing up the question
According to the spec sheet, the inverter maxes at 1.3 AC to DC. So it can handle 12.48kW DC of panels. Most inverters can actually take a bit more than the stated max ratio but depends on string sizing and panel voltages. Your 15.6kW is likely abit high so hopefully 2 Delta inverters can work in parallel.

Sponsored
OP
OP

d2blake

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 FX4
Occupation
Engineer/Contractor
Not so worried about the max from the truck. I need a larger solar array for offsetting all my use and dont want a 2nd separate system.

The Delta inverter is the only one we know works with the truck. Just no info as to whether they can do it in parallel with a 2nd.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
I suggest you contact Delta product support directly…I did for a question I had for the DC return circuit from the EVSE to their BDI (Answer: Two #8 copper for this 36.7A DC circuit). They were very helpful and willing to answer questions in writing via e-mail, and told me to pass on they welcome/encourage any inquiries. There contact info is on the equipment data sheets…..

OP
OP

d2blake

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 FX4
Occupation
Engineer/Contractor
I suggest you contact Delta product support directly…I did for a question I had for the DC return circuit from the EVSE to their BDI (Answer: Two #8 copper for this 36.7A DC circuit). They were very helpful and willing to answer questions in writing via e-mail, and told me to pass on they welcome/encourage any inquiries. There contact info is on the equipment data sheets…..
Great idea, thanks! Will update if I find out more.
Sponsored