• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How Tesla Fell To Earth

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
my own take, and as an owner of 2 former LEAFS, sons with two BOLTS, a former 1/4 electric SORENTO PHEV, and now two fully electric/battery LIGHTNING and EV9, is that there is a point at which we have reached 'balance' in the 'EV transition', as some would call it:

What I mean is this: any 'new' type of technology tends to get attention. At first, it was the 'unknown' but exciting IDEA that somehow a 'battery only' car could propel us to places, without the need for gas.
Then, it was the real notion that these are actually WORKING, and now sportier and more luxurious models were available, and desirable to be seen driving. It was then no longer a Prius and Leaf world. Adoption and ownership of these vehicles became much more 'in the know' for early adopters, and those who had money, and those who had the 'means' to also install the necessary 'equipment', for at-home charging, to make it work.

Then, comes the reality. Owning an EV is not easy.
An EV, itself, is great. No oil, no gas, very, very little maintenance, yes, but it also comes with a high cost for some: Equipment and installation. At-home charging requires certain things to become a reality to make EV life really 'work', over the long-term.
So, the downside to this 'transition' is that we don't have those same options for the vast majority of vehicle owners... those in apartments, those with street parking, those with little 'know-how' when it comes to what it takes to be able to charge at home, etc. Even some of US have had our own issues and expenses with this, and the majority of those contemplating EV ownership probably are not ready to take this on, even if they have the places near their home to do it.

I think that EV ownership is MY future, yes, but I also realize that it's not for everyone. Not yet.

The real 'problem' with growth in the EV manufacturing world is the realities of the EV infrastructure. Right now, car ownership is easy. Park at your home. Find a gas station easily when you need power. For EV ownership, though, that reality is different.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
“Fell to earth”?

their market valuation dwarfs every other auto maker still.

I do not get the constant Tesla hate and bias. none of you would be on this forum or have your vehicle if not for that company or their largest stockholder.

Last edited:

TheJackel2013

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I think for a lot of people, what was once an admiration for his vision, has been replaced by disgust over his more public and recent pursuits.

Baron’s has a news article.

On the day of Teslas disaster of a Q1 deliveries report, Musk tweeted 52 times. Only 2 tweets were about Tesla. The other 50 were about politics, illegal imiigrants, race replacement theory, and other conspiracy theories

I think the cocaine is making him paranoid

To say that Tesla needs an adult running the company is an understatement

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
Occupation
Retired Hvy Construction
I think for a lot of people, what was once an admiration for his vision, has been replaced by disgust over his more public and recent pursuits.
This exactly, the article describes his problem well. If Walt Disney was still around and put his name on the Model Y, we all would have a different opinion of the car and the manufacturer.

Of course, only old guys would even know there was a person called Disney !!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
I think the cocaine is making him paranoid
Ketamine is his drug of choice but same results.

Tesla is the Volkswagen beetle of EVs. The design doesn't change and it's basic. It's made acceptance of EVs more common.

Regardless of elons horrifying tweets and childish behaviour, he's a bold faced liar and con artist.

There is an obvious pattern now of overpromising and underdelivering, if delivering at all. Elizabeth Holmes went to jail for it and elon is close to absolutely crashing like Icarus.

Tesla Corp has always been overvalued but it's so common now in business that it's a norm. Reality is going to bring it back down where it should be eventually, a small loss is only the beginning.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
As long as the die hard fans keep buying Tesla will never die.

The problem for Tesla is keeping new buyers who don't own stock in the company and have no brand loyalty. Their service centers, price increase and decrease every week is leaving a sour taste for those new buyers. Even some stock owners are buying other brands.

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
“Fell to earth”?

I do not get the constant Tesla hate and bias. none of you would be on this forum or have your vehicle if not for that company or their largest stockholder.
Elon has become a popular punching bag because of what he has done with Twitter and some positions he has taken. Just like with musicians and actors, I separate the art from the artist. That aside, personally, I don't like the design elements of the Teslas, and the Cybertruck is horrific. I feel the same way about Apple products, but I admire the founders of both companies for what they have built/achieved.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Elon has become a popular punching bag because of what he has done with Twitter and some positions he has taken. Just like with musicians and actors, I separate the art from the artist. That aside, personally, I don't like the design elements of the Teslas, and the Cybertruck is horrific. I feel the same way about Apple products, but I admire the founders of both companies for what they have built/achieved.
đź’Ż agree

Sponsored

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
Unlike Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs, Elon did not found Tesla, he simply bought his way in.
I'm aware of that, however, Musk is considered one of five co-founders of Tesla by a court settlement. Musk became signed on and became Chairman of the Board eight months after the company was incorporated.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
“Fell to earth”?

I dislike their design philosophy, their approach to data privacy and their aggressively anti-right to repair company culture.

I cannot and have never argued with their manufacturing and sales prowess.

dww

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L, Tesla 3P, YP
I dislike their design philosophy, their approach to data privacy and their aggressively anti-right to repair company culture.

I cannot and have never argued with their manufacturing and sales prowess.
You can download their full service manuals for all their cars for free. If you make a custom EV you are most likely using their motors and their batteries. What is it that you can’t repair or don’t have access to?

OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I'm aware of that, however, Musk is considered one of five co-founders of Tesla by a court settlement. Musk became signed on and became Chairman of the Board eight months after the company was incorporated.
A settlement does not make it a fact. He isn't actually a co-founder. He bought the title.
Sponsored