• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

I charged on a Supercharger

TheWoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum, 2024 Rivian R1T
You shouldn't worry. The vehicle requests the power dictated by the software Ford has installed. Don't let the marketing materials bother you. It is clearly a case of lowering expectations. It is not an error when you are getting 170+ for a period of time. And, practically speaking there is a good chance the vehicle and battery could handle significantly more.
While the truck could theoretically handle more, it's not going to. With the low pack voltage our trucks have (I use 355 volts as an average), we're having to crank at 500 amps to get those speeds. It's why the speeds on 150kW EA chargers aren't reaching 150 - those cables max at 350 (I think) amps.

If you could find a charger capable of more than 500 amps you could go higher, but the thermal management would kick in pretty quickly.
Sponsored