• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

I could/should have functioning AM radio!? {Fix post 19}

tearitupsports

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
So my 23 lariat has never had AM radio. I assumed they removed the hardware. After my OTA for not deleting presets tonight I turned on the truck and the radio was on AM. It haopened That the station it was set on worked. I was also able to seek to other AM stations. Unfortunately my wife didn’t understand what I was blabbering about and thought I wanted to get back to FM so she hit a preset and now I can’t get back to AM again. Why the heck did Ford disable this for absolutely no reason while still including the working hardware in the truck. Any way to access it? There are a couple AM stations I would really like to listen to.
Sponsored

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
So my 23 lariat has never had AM radio. I assumed they removed the hardware. After my OTA for not deleting presets tonight I turned on the truck and the radio was on AM. It haopened That the station it was set on worked. I was also able to seek to other AM stations. Unfortunately my wife didn’t understand what I was blabbering about and thought I wanted to get back to FM so she hit a preset and now I can’t get back to AM again. Why the heck did Ford disable this for absolutely no reason while still including the working hardware in the truck. Any way to access it? There are a couple AM stations I would really like to listen to.
Yes, you have a AM radio! top of the screen under the bar that has the temperature, home button, settings button, etc.
You have a choice of AM/FM/SiriusXM

Ford F-150 Lightning I could/should have functioning AM radio!? {Fix post 19} image

OP
OP

tearitupsports

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes, you have a AM radio! top of the screen under the bar that has the temperature, home button, settings button, etc.
You have a choice of AM/FM/SiriusXM

image.jpg
I don’t have AM as a choice. Only FM and Sirius. It was on 22 and deleted on 23. I think they had to bring it back on 24 due to federal govt pressure.

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue

scoobybri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT w/Max Tow and TT Packs
I have a 2023 XLT built in October of 2023 and I have AM radio. But I also have the 12" screen so I'm not sure if there is a difference in the radio units between the 12" and 15" infotainment systems.

Sponsored

mrau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat⚡ER, VW ID4
I have AM radio as well. Oct 2023 built Lariat w/ 15"screen.

MTBAZ

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Have you checked with the dealer? If it is truly disabled, it sounds like this is a FORscan fix. All you need to do is find the bit that enables AM, and I'm not sure there are that many people looking for it so it may take some time, or you will be getting deep into FORscan and bit masking. Good luck.

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
I don’t have AM as a choice. Only FM and Sirius. It was on 22 and deleted on 23. I think they had to bring it back on 24 due to federal govt pressure.
I believe I have the same vehicle as you.
I have the 15 inch screen
Mine had it when I picked it up from the dealer,
I have a 23 lariat ER!

Last edited:

Richie740

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I have a '23 Lariat as well and was disappointed to find it has no access to AM. I've been streaming my local sports station on iHeart via my phone.

WhalerDon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 XLT SR
Occupation
retired
I have two Lightnings. My 2023 XLT was built in September 2023 and has both an AM and FM radio. My 2023 Lariat ER built in March 2023 shows only a FM radio. However I have discovered that if I select the keyboard to type in a radio frequency, I can enter an AM frequency (such as 760) and voila I am listening to AM 760!

It is obvious that they used a SDR (Software Defined Radio). As I think of it I will have to try and get it to receive frequencies outside of the AM/FM broadcast bands like aeronautical radio around 121 MHz or the 2 meter Ham band around 145 MHZ.

Sponsored
OP
OP

tearitupsports

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have two Lightnings. My 2023 XLT was built in September 2023 and has both an AM and FM radio. My 2023 Lariat ER built in March 2023 shows only a FM radio. However I have discovered that if I select the keyboard to type in a radio frequency, I can enter an AM frequency (such as 760) and voila I am listening to AM 760!

It is obvious that they used a SDR (Software Defined Radio). As I think of it I will have to try and get it to receive frequencies outside of the AM/FM broadcast bands like aeronautical radio around 121 MHz or the 2 meter Ham band around 145 MHZ.
How can you get a keyboard to come up? On FM only the 8,9, and 1 are active.
Can you elaborate how you search? Much appreciated.

WhalerDon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 XLT SR
Occupation
retired
How can you get a keyboard to come up? On FM only the 8,9, and 1 are active.
Can you elaborate how you search? Much appreciated.
I had the full 0 to 9 characters available. But once I entered a FM frequency the keyboard was restricted to FM on channel selection.

My best guess is the update that I received yesterday moved the software execution pointer to outside the normal loop and the keyboard was unrestricted. Once I went to a FM station the pointer moved to instructions inside the normal loop and the restrictions were restored. Bummer.

priceb

First Name
Price
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
College Instructor

FastMover

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Platinum 14 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
No AM radio either. Been wondering when Ford was going to enable it since the notice that it couldn'tbe removed. Guess I'll keep waiting like usual.

LancerBoom

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariet ER
Occupation
Farm
After the 23-PU0110-RAD-PS update this week on my ‘23 Lariet, the radio was also on a working AM station when I started the truck. Fortunately I saved the station as a preset. From there I can tune to other AM stations which I’ve saved as presets. FM and SiriusXM are still the only choices at the top of the screen so can only get to AM through a preset.

Ford F-150 Lightning I could/should have functioning AM radio!? {Fix post 19} IMG_2730
Sponsored