• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

I finally found my breaking issue with this truck. Don't read this unless you want to hate your truck too.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
That's it, I'm ready to trade it in now. I can deal with the shoddy way of delivering OTAs, but this is too much. The blinker light is out of sync with the blinker sound. They're at two different beats per minute, so they go in and out of sync. It's maddening at a long stoplight. I can't bear to look at my dash, and at night I have to hope I can't see the reflection off the car in front of me. How Ford? How did you let this slip through your QA checks?

Really though, this took me months to notice, but now I can't not get a little irritated by it. It's like losing the game every tine. I think I get why BMW drivers never user their blinkers, I'm going to have to start being one of those jerks.
Sponsored

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
That's it, I'm ready to trade it in now. I can deal with the shoddy way of delivering OTAs, but this is too much. The blinker light is out of sync with the blinker sound. They're at two different beats per minute, so they go in and out of sync. It's maddening at a long stoplight. I can't bear to look at my dash, and at night I have to hope I can't see the reflection off the car in front of me. How Ford? How did you let this slip through your QA checks?

Really though, this took me months to notice, but now I can't not get a little irritated by it. It's like losing the game every tine. I think I get why BMW drivers never user their blinkers, I'm going to have to start being one of those jerks.
Ford F-150 Lightning I finally found my breaking issue with this truck. Don't read this unless you want to hate your truck too. 44358840-2000068760

kab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER (Atlas Blue)
Tesla turn signals are not synced, this just shows an occurrence where they happen to be...but it is a fun idea

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I've noticed that too, I guess I'm just used to the quirks of Ford......

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
on my mustang i installed LED switchback turn signals and that made the blinker sound hyperflash. It sounded like horse step trotting to me so i left it alone for awhile but I bet that'll really rile you up. found a video and timestamped it for you to listen lol

Tom Jensen

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning 2023
Occupation
Attorney

Come for the engineering and truck love; stay for the OCD. What’s not to like?

Sponsored

brownhousechris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
I love this truck, but the thing I have noticed is the lag in the blinker...if you turn the blinker off manually with the stalk it sometimes keeps blinking or at least making the sound for what feels like 3, 4, 5 seconds. It's very minor, but I can't help noticing it every time

OP
OP
invertedspear

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
I love this truck, but the thing I have noticed is the lag in the blinker...if you turn the blinker off manually with the stalk it sometimes keeps blinking or at least making the sound for what feels like 3, 4, 5 seconds. It's very minor, but I can't help noticing it every time
This is when you have the blinker on for a super short time, or don't push the stalk completely in one direction or another. I bet it probably has some sort of name like "lane change indicator". This was in my early 2000s ICE F150 as well. I agree on the annoyance, there's no way to cancel it and it likely would cause some level of confusion to the person behind you.
Sponsored