Install Homelink Garage Door Opener Somewhere on the Dash

LHoffmanjr22

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F150 Lightning Flash
I have seen others on here change out the mirror for one with Homelink in a Lightning so they have a built in garage door opener, but I was wondering if anyone had ever taken the same module that is in the visor of Lariat and above models and built that into the dashboard? From my understanding, the trims below the Lariat don't have any power run to the visor (no mirror lights) so putting it there isn't an option. I imagine it would be a lot of work, and even include some cutting to make the opening, but the biggest question is getting power to the unit.

Has anyone done this, or have any experience with what might need to be done? This is what I found online for the module. Since the Lightning doesn't have the 4x4 selector by the trailer brake, I thought that might be a good opening to put something like this.

This is what I found online for the module:

https://www.amazon.com/HomeLink-60-...pcontext&ref_=fplfs&psc=1&smid=A3ELPGJLYNL7Q4
Sponsored

Quibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Raptor
Do certain trim levels not have homelink? Or did Ford remove homelink for MY 2024?

Our 2023 Lariat has it on the driver's sun visor.

OP
OP

LHoffmanjr22

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F150 Lightning Flash
Do certain trim levels not have homelink? Or did Ford remove homelink for MY 2024?

Our 2023 Lariat has it on the driver's sun visor.
I think only Lariat and above have it in the visor. For trims below that itā€™s not even an option. It was available on my ā€˜24 Flash.

MrLoganRoss

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23.5 MachE GTPE & '24 Lightning Lariat
I donā€™t trust home link. I personally know instances where home link was used to gain access to the house. Ever consider using your phone to open/close the garage door? In fact, in CarPlay, when I am near home, there is a garage door button on the screen.

jthiesse13

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
I donā€™t trust home link. I personally know instances where home link was used to gain access to the house. Ever consider using your phone to open/close the garage door? In fact, in CarPlay, when I am near home, there is a garage door button on the screen.
How did you get a button in carplay for your garage door?
Sponsored