Sponsored

Installing Ford's HomeLink in a XLT.

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 XLT RCSB
So much for that order. Just received an email that my order was cancelled. I called to see why and the guy said it is on national back order with no eta.

creamyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost
Occupation
Ret Army
Gentex homelink V5 from bob's automotive mirrors.

Ford F-150 Lightning Installing Ford's HomeLink in a XLT. IMG_3402.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning Installing Ford's HomeLink in a XLT. IMG_3401.JPG

StoneGray22

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting for 22 SCREW, 3.5 EB, 4x4, Max Tow, 157"
Gentex homelink V5 from bob's automotive mirrors.
You happen to remember how many pins are in the connector? Also, any idea where the compass information comes from? Is it built into the mirror or coming through one of the pins in the connector from the truck's compass/computer info? Thanks!

Sponsored

creamyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost
Occupation
Ret Army
I think the compass information is in the mirror because when i hooked mine up i had to drive in circles to calibrate it. Here is a link and one of the pictures it shows the adapter.(not sure if thats what you are looking for)

poomobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
So...I installed the KIA mirror to my 2021 F150 XLT and ran into a few issues. 1) The homelink still works with the truck off. This is a security problem. I am guessing I may be able to wire both power wires to the switched wire but haven't tried yet. 2) I noticed that my driver side mirror no longer dims. My factory rearview mirror did have the auto dimming feature. I am guessing that the factory rear view mirror controlled the side one too. I may have to go back to the factory mirror....

poomobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Was just thinking…maybe I never had the side dimming mirrors? I’m not sure. Xlt with 302a

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 XLT RCSB
You can see it faintly around the edges if you do. My 15 xlt sport had them but I don't know what level because I bought it used. My 22 xlt 301a doesn't have but it would have been nice if it did. I would think it would say on the window sticker.

poomobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
The window sticker doesn’t even show that it has a dimmable rear view mirror so I’m not sure.

Sponsored

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 XLT RCSB
And Ford's not really a help when it comes to anything. There is so much misinformation on their websites makes you wonder how they get by.

creamyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost
Occupation
Ret Army
So...I installed the KIA mirror to my 2021 F150 XLT and ran into a few issues. 1) The homelink still works with the truck off. This is a security problem. I am guessing I may be able to wire both power wires to the switched wire but haven't tried yet. 2) I noticed that my driver side mirror no longer dims. My factory rearview mirror did have the auto dimming feature. I am guessing that the factory rear view mirror controlled the side one too. I may have to go back to the factory mirror....

1)The kit i got from bobs comes with a adapter to make it plug and play. Maybe the adapter has something to do with it working and not working when the truck is off or on. My homelink does not work if the truck is off. Pretty much when the light is on on the mirror homelink works. Check and see if you have the correct 12v source. if its always on or on with key. 2) I never knew these two things were connected. I never really knew the sides dim. Everybody's lights blind me at night no matter what. I'll have to pay attention to this. So if are truck came with auto dim rearview the sides should be auto dim also?

OP
OP
Kanuck

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Super Cab Carbonized Grey 3.5 EC 302A 6.5 Box
Occupation
Electrician, Retired
Was just thinking…maybe I never had the side dimming mirrors? I’m not sure. Xlt with 302a
I don't think they do...mine don't seem too.

OP
OP
Kanuck

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Super Cab Carbonized Grey 3.5 EC 302A 6.5 Box
Occupation
Electrician, Retired
With it working with the truck off is no different than having a remote clipped onto the visor.

poomobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Exactly. I’m going to take it apart again tonight and hook the two power wires to the switched power and see what happens. Still need to check if I have dimming side mirrors as well
Sponsored