• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Is there a way to turn off the proximity sensor warning sounds?

KickingGas

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro w/ Tow Tech Package
Am I missing how to turn the proximity warning sounds off or at least down?

Due to having an older style garage, I have to nose in at an angle in between the wall and heater with about two inches to spare in front and a few inches on each side. It only took a couple of times of doing it to get comfortable since I have the 360 cameras, but every time I come home, about half way into the garage the beeps start going off. And going off. And getting beepier. And finally a super loud flat-lining noise as try to concentrate on not ramming into my dining room while I creep up the last few inches. And it is REALLY loud - it does actually hurt my ears and the kids complain. I find that my screen changing to a picture of the truck with red all around the front of it to be sufficient warning.

Help please! Yes, yet another loud truck complaint. Sorry, not sorry. I see how this could be really helpful, but for me it is actually an unsafe distraction due to the volume level.

TL;DR - ironically I grazed the wall slightly once with the tire and once with the mirror backing out the first couple of days. Since I was in reverse, the only warning was a slight scraping sound...
Sponsored

TheWoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum, 2024 Rivian R1T
On the camera screen there is a button to turn off the parking sensors.

OP
OP

KickingGas

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On the camera screen there is a button to turn off the parking sensors.
Thanks the response.

I should have been more specific - I would like to keep the sensors on, just turn the sound off.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Ford has an accessory called blue serenity made for this, Frunk, …… and other Ford sounds.

Ford F-150 Lightning Is there a way to turn off the proximity sensor warning sounds? 1689559171636

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER

TL;DR - ironically I grazed the wall slightly once with the tire and once with the mirror backing out the first couple of days. Since I was in reverse, the only warning was a slight scraping sound...
That surprises me. Whenever I back out of my garage, the beeping is going wild due to the close proximity of the door jamb on the driver’s side. It’s making all kinds of noise with the mirror about 3” from the jamb.

Sponsored
OP
OP

KickingGas

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That surprises me. Whenever I back out of my garage, the beeping is going wild due to the close proximity of the door jamb on the driver’s side. It’s making all kinds of noise with the mirror about 3” from the jamb.
We have a 3 car garage, but it is shorter on the left side side than the right, and the heater is at the back in the middle, so I wedge into the passenger side corner at a slight angle so the nose is in a little nook between the heater and the wall. I back out at an angle away from the garage door jamb, and have a Pro so only the bumpers have sensors, so no noise there. If the angle is too sharp, that's when I risk hitting the wall. First couple of days was a little dicey...

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
While a "car wash" mode would be nice, it is not an answer to your question.

columbiaskier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Am I missing how to turn the proximity warning sounds off or at least down?

Due to having an older style garage, I have to nose in at an angle in between the wall and heater with about two inches to spare in front and a few inches on each side. It only took a couple of times of doing it to get comfortable since I have the 360 cameras, but every time I come home, about half way into the garage the beeps start going off. And going off. And getting beepier. And finally a super loud flat-lining noise as try to concentrate on not ramming into my dining room while I creep up the last few inches. And it is REALLY loud - it does actually hurt my ears and the kids complain. I find that my screen changing to a picture of the truck with red all around the front of it to be sufficient warning.

Help please! Yes, yet another loud truck complaint. Sorry, not sorry. I see how this could be really helpful, but for me it is actually an unsafe distraction due to the volume level.

I wish I had a more helpful answer. I was hoping there was a way to adjust the distance for the warning as in my garage I have to move around a bit in the red to get in. All I can say is after 9 months I got used to it…

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
We have a 3 car garage, but it is shorter on the left side side than the right, and the heater is at the back in the middle, so I wedge into the passenger side corner at a slight angle so the nose is in a little nook between the heater and the wall. I back out at an angle away from the garage door jamb, and have a Pro so only the bumpers have sensors, so no noise there. If the angle is too sharp, that's when I risk hitting the wall. First couple of days was a little dicey...
Gotcha….the difference is definitely due the trim levels. I missed that.

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
Would also love this as I have the same issue in my garage. Also doesn’t help when the kids are sleeping.

OP
OP

KickingGas

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for all of the replies. I'm guessing if there was a way to turn the sound off but keep the sensors and camera on, someone would have posted it by now. Bummer.
Sponsored

Last edited: