Sponsored

Any way to turn off vehicle tracker in the app?

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Your truck, your option. Have you tried the Life360 app yet? It's great. Even if you turn off tracking (which I don't think you can), you can still track their phones, or add other apps to track them. Tell them to deal with it. Tell them they're lucky to have a dad that cares. They only need you WHEN THEY NEED YOU. That's why we have tracking, otherwise, we trust them enough. (Me and @PreservedSwine have the same response! :) )
Sponsored

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
Long story short, I bought a truck years ago and let my son drive it and all (yes ALL) the damage to the truck was done by him (some wasn't even his fault but still). He's now 30, works for Hyundai and drives an Ionic 6 and will be home on Wednesday and I have to admit I'm sort of uncertain about letting him drive my new Lightning ... LMAO

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 F-450 Platinum & '23 Ford Lightning Lariat & 2 Tesla Model Ys
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
I remember as a teenager I didnā€™t care if my parents knew where I was unless I was somewhere that I wasnā€™t supposed to be. Now as empty nesters I track my wife and she tracks me when we are out by ourselves. Thatā€˜s trust.

We can track each other either with the built in vehicle locator, iPhone ā€œfind my iPhoneā€ app or even Apple AirTags. Thatā€™s trust.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
What I don't think he asked for was unsolicited parenting advice. I 'm confident the OP has given more than just an ounce of thought to the ramifications to letting his kids drive his truck. I think the question he asked was fair and didn't necessitate all the extra advice.

Just my observation.
Fair point, and he's free to disregard any and all advice given. From my own perspective, with a 9 and 6 year old who are still a long way off from driving, I appreciate the foresight I'm getting from other's experience. So while it may not benefit the OP, it still benefits me.

Sponsored

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
I have 3 teenagers. If they want to use either of the EVs they can and the GPS will be ON like it is for everyone else. I trust they won't get into trouble, and I have no need to track them, but I'm not turning it off. I do not need to prove the trust. Simple really.

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
July 2021 SR MME, July 2023, Lightning Lariat
Having been a teenager once upon a time. Eagle Scout, good student, before HS graduation Iā€™d been in 5 vehicle wrecks. I was driving in three of them. Two cars totaled including a rolled dune buggy. Shattered face shield from dropping the motorcycle. One included a trip to the emergency room.

What could possibly go wrong giving a teen access to a 3.5 ton monstrous accelerating wide ass battering ram? With four other teens along for the ride.
Sponsored