• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Keep Cool This Summer: Portable Fridges for Road Trips

BougeRV

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
PR
Hey everyone!

Summer is here, and it's the perfect time for road trips. I wanted to share a great find that can make your travels even better – portable fridge/freezer.

Why Get a Portable Fridge?

- Keeps Food Fresh: Unlike regular coolers, a portable fridge maintains a steady low temperature.
- Compact Design: Fits easily in your car without taking up too much space.
- Easy Power Options: Many models can be powered through your car's 12V socket.

Perfect for All Trips

Whether you're camping, tailgating, or just want cold drinks on a long drive, a portable fridge is incredibly useful. It's designed to keep your food and beverages fresh, making it an essential companion for any adventure.

With Prime Day around the corner, you can get amazing deals on portable fridges! Click to know: https://www.bougerv.com/pages/prime-day

If you're interested or have any questions, let's discuss!
Sponsored

LA Lariat

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 lightning Lariat
Occupation
Director
I just bought the Vevor 48qt freezer / fridge combo from Home Depot on sale $200!!!! Only draws 100w on the the trip to Palma springs and Vegas where outside temps were close to 125 and hotter in the bed under the backflip cover!!
Ford F-150 Lightning Keep Cool This Summer: Portable Fridges for Road Trips IMG_0226
Ford F-150 Lightning Keep Cool This Summer: Portable Fridges for Road Trips IMG_0207

Last edited:

subseavet

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
Occupation
R&D Engineer
I've got an Anker EverFrost 43L fridge/freezer combo. You can run it on battery or plug in. It will run 35 hours on battery at 36F and you can set it from -4F to 68F. You can fully recharge the battery from the truck in 2.5 hours or just keep it plugged in while you drive. It's QUIET, has a great app, batteries double as a power pack, and you can charge it with a 100W solar panel in about 2.5 hours in bright sun. I love it! Durable and very well made. You can also charge it up with your own 60W USB-C adapter in about 4 hours. I highly recommend it based on my experience so far. They had a battery issue with a tiny (0.4%) of the original batteries. They did a voluntary recall and replacement program. Customer service was excellent and I got my new battery in about a week after providing my info. All newer units don't have this issue.

subseavet

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
Occupation
R&D Engineer
Hey everyone!

Summer is here, and it's the perfect time for road trips. I wanted to share a great find that can make your travels even better – portable fridge/freezer.

Why Get a Portable Fridge?

- Keeps Food Fresh: Unlike regular coolers, a portable fridge maintains a steady low temperature.
- Compact Design: Fits easily in your car without taking up too much space.
- Easy Power Options: Many models can be powered through your car's 12V socket.

Perfect for All Trips

Whether you're camping, tailgating, or just want cold drinks on a long drive, a portable fridge is incredibly useful. It's designed to keep your food and beverages fresh, making it an essential companion for any adventure.

With Prime Day around the corner, you can get amazing deals on portable fridges! Click to know: https://www.bougerv.com/pages/prime-day

If you're interested or have any questions, let's discuss!
Great deals and looks like great products as well!

Lilburnedbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost with 7.2kW PPO
Have a similar tonneau cover and admit it gets pretty hot under there. Anyone concerned about the ventilation and heat buildup of the unit being trapped under there? Especially when the bed is typically packed for a camping trip? Concerns about either unit failure or worse (fire)?

Sponsored

Mashedtators

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
I've got an Anker EverFrost 43L fridge/freezer combo. You can run it on battery or plug in. It will run 35 hours on battery at 36F and you can set it from -4F to 68F. You can fully recharge the battery from the truck in 2.5 hours or just keep it plugged in while you drive. It's QUIET, has a great app, batteries double as a power pack, and you can charge it with a 100W solar panel in about 2.5 hours in bright sun. I love it! Durable and very well made. You can also charge it up with your own 60W USB-C adapter in about 4 hours. I highly recommend it based on my experience so far. They had a battery issue with a tiny (0.4%) of the original batteries. They did a voluntary recall and replacement program. Customer service was excellent and I got my new battery in about a week after providing my info. All newer units don't have this issue.
Anker makes great products. I have had multiple portable batteries and they were all awesome.

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
Have a similar tonneau cover and admit it gets pretty hot under there. Anyone concerned about the ventilation and heat buildup of the unit being trapped under there? Especially when the bed is typically packed for a camping trip? Concerns about either unit failure or worse (fire)?
I used one in my bed (bouge rv cr35), under folding cover on Austin to Vegas road trip last week, so about as hot a trip as you could take. Bed was maybe half full with suitcases, bags, extra cases of water, etc. Cooler did fine, the fridge portion stayed at temp, the freezer side struggled a bit, but did stay below freezing, but couldn't hold at 0, think it got up to like 20 or so. (was using freezer to rotate ice packs into a smaller cooler kept in the cabin)

Far as heat buildup, IDK, obviously must have added some, but not sure with how hot it was it really made much difference. I did try to make sure nothing would block any of coolers vents. I little bit of air moves in and out of the bed too, not like it is air tight sealed.

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
My ICECO APL55 has been just fine for many trips in hot camping, kept under a coiling black metal tonneau cover. And, when not comping it runs continuously in the house as a cool drinks fridge.

@BougeRV - How about designing a single/dual zone cooler that maximizes the unusual volume of the front trunk of the lightning? That would be a differentiator!

Green1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Paramedic
Mine is an Alpicool, I absolutely love that thing! We used to road trip with an old Coleman power cooler, but it just couldn't keep up in hot weather. With the actual 12 volt fridge / freezer that we have now food keeps forever. Mine lives in our teardrop trailer.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
BougeRV

BougeRV

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
PR
My ICECO APL55 has been just fine for many trips in hot camping, kept under a coiling black metal tonneau cover. And, when not comping it runs continuously in the house as a cool drinks fridge.

@BougeRV - How about designing a single/dual zone cooler that maximizes the unusual volume of the front trunk of the lightning? That would be a differentiator!
Thanks for your insights. We actually have some small sized single/dual zone cooler currently that will fit in the trunk, but it may not be quite enough to maximize the use you're talking about. As many people will want to put other things in addition to the fridge.

OP
OP
BougeRV

BougeRV

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
PR
@BougeRV The 37 quart dual zone is great in the frunk. Just a little noisy (high pitched) when you're next to it. I still recommend it. https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/powered-cooler-vs-mini-fridge.10314/post-358577

This one looks really nice as well https://www.bougerv.com/products/rocky-12v-camp-fridge?variant=44844847333592 I just need someone to post a picture of it in the frunk.
Thanks for your kind words.😉 Our Rocky series refrigerators have a metallic finish. You can check if the dimensions of the Rocky refrigerator are suitable for placement in the front trunk.
Sponsored