Sponsored

Lightning has been down six weeks and counting.

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 F-450 Platinum & '23 Ford Lightning Lariat & 2 Tesla Model Ys
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
You may end up going this route, and probably should, if they can't get you fixed up in the next couple weeks. You can remove anything you added to the truck -- like the powered steps. But yeah that sucks when you fix it up nice and your ceramic coating, tint, etc.. can't be recovered.

While that does help some, it's usually not a huge help to most. The BBB is a private organization and their best service is really advice and/or resources to help pursue something like this. Most businesses don't care about BBB ratings... They don't carry any more weight than a Yelp or Google review because they're the same thing. But sometimes a dealership is more likely to move quicker to help a customer if they know the BBB is advising them or even directing them to a lemon law attorney.

Have you opened a case with Ford directly? I have been through a lemon claim with Ford on a 2006 Excursion. The dealership kept jerking me around, but Ford made them buy it back before I had to get a lawyer involved. I don't know if they handle it the same way now...
BBB Autoline is the official Arbitration organization. Ford is legally obligated to accept their decision but you are not.

A call to Ford telling them you have filed with BBB Autoline and request a buyback offer gets them moving.

OP
OP
Streek

Streek

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
I will contact FMC in the morning and get it started. Thanks.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
BBB Autoline is the official Arbitration organization. Ford is legally obligated to accept their decision but you are not.

A call to Ford telling them you have filed with BBB Autoline and request a buyback offer gets them moving.
BBB Auto Line is a mediation/ arbitration service. Ford is a participating manufacturer -- as in they accept BBB Autoline as a neutral mediator. They are not legally bound to them in all states and some dealerships are exempt from participating with them. But like I said above, the BBB's primary value is resources and this is one of them that can be valuable. Also, there isn't anywhere Ford is legally obligated to accept the decision of BBB or any other chosen mediator. Most states' auto purchase agreements state that sales disputes are to be handled through mediation, but sometimes that still does not result in desirable resolution for either party and it can still go to litigation.

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
BBB Auto Line is a mediation/ arbitration service. Ford is a participating manufacturer -- as in they accept BBB Autoline as a neutral mediator. They are not legally bound to them in all states and some dealerships are exempt from participating with them. But like I said above, the BBB's primary value is resources and this is one of them that can be valuable. Also, there isn't anywhere Ford is legally obligated to accept the decision of BBB or any other chosen mediator. Most states' auto purchase agreements state that sales disputes are to be handled through mediation, but sometimes that still does not result in desirable resolution for either party and it can still go to litigation.
I have successfully resolved a Lemon Law despute twice with Ford, once with Oldsmobile and once with Nissan. Every time I used the BBB Autoline resolution process as primary arbitrator. Before the BBB decision was rendered Ford agreed to replace my 2000 Expedition and the same with my 2019 F350 claim.

Oldsmobile replaced my 1999 Bravada with a 2000 Bravada.

Nissan did a final repair on my 2019 Leaf and sent me $2,000 compensation for my troubles.

Here in Florida manufactureā€˜s are obligated to accept the BBB ruling and owners are not. If the BBB ruling is not to your liking you can file a Lemon Law claim with the Florida States attorney office.

After accepting the $2k from Nissan, thinking the issue was resolved another related issue surfaced. I refiled with BBB and they rejected the claim since Nissan claimed I agreed to a settlement with Nissan and they let them off the hook. I then filed a claim with the Florida State Attorney office and before they issued a judgment the car was totaled by an uninsured driver who T-Boned us. I replaced the totaled 2019 Leaf with a new 2020 Leaf with my insurance company check.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
You must mean Expedition as the last year for the Excursion was 2005.
Nope Excursion. I guess it would be 2005... It was one of the last retail ones off the line, bought late 2005, 6.0 diesel, Eddie Bauer trim. I had the dealership buying it back about 8 months later as it had spent 10+ days in the shop every single month since I bought it. Constant little things and some major things from door handle/trim inside of the driver's door coming loose multiple times. Power seats not working. All sorts of random electrical issues. Seat heater got hot enough to burn me (not bad, I moved quickly) and it visibly scorched the leather seat. Bolts not tightened from the factory, various parts missing or installed improperly. It was just a constant deal of one thing after another and some of the problems were not getting fixed after multiple attempts or would break again. Dealership took it back after a representative from Ford met with myself and dealership management.

Never cared for the 6.0 diesel Ford tried for a couple years there. I know there were lots of issues and a couple recalls and a class action suit. We had a couple F250s with that engine. One of them did have a major issue, I don't recall exactly what it was, happened just before the warranty ran out so got lucky.

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
Last edited:

jmc6020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Am I understanding this correctly. You've had four lemons??

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
Am I understanding this correctly. You've had four lemons??
Yes. 4 Lemons out of the 67 new cars & Trucks Iā€™ve bought since 1970.

We currently own 2-2023 Tesla Ys, 1-2023 Lightning ER Lariat and 1-2022 F-450 King Ranch. I also currently have 3 -2024 F-450s on order, 2 Platinums and 1 Limited.. If they ever get delivered that will bring it to 70 new vehicles.

Then Iā€™m not counting the multiple motorcycles, RVs and airplanes Iā€™ve owned.
:)

But only one wife after 54 years of marriage. Sheā€™s a keeper. She also has motorcycle license and Pilots license with 2,000 hours as Pilot in Command.

Last edited:

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Yes. 4 Lemons out of the 67 new cars & Trucks Iā€™ve bought since 1970.

We currently own 2-2023 Tesla Ys, 1-2023 Lightning ER Lariat and 1-2022 F-450 King Ranch. I also currently have 3 -2024 F-450s on order, 2 Platinums and 1 Limited.. If they ever get delivered that will bring it to 70 new vehicles.

Then Iā€™m not counting the multiple motorcycles, RVs and airplanes Iā€™ve owned. :)
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning has been down six weeks and counting. 1410528807-92616-Chris-Farley-sunglasses-up-gif-Ojev-396x299

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My 2023 lightning has been in the shop for more than six weeks. It went to the dealership because the shifter would not move. As of today, I believe the shifter issue has been repaired because of a defective brake booster. Now it appears the vehicle is throwing codes such as Powertrain/Malfunction Reduced Power, Restraints Indicator Lamp Warning.

The dealer, along with Ford Motor is saying they want to get the engineers involved. However, it appears they cannot figure it out. I'm not sure when I will get to the vehicle back.

There alot going on and Ford (dealer and corporate)does NOT do a good job with communicating

Screenshot_20231110_074032_FordPass.jpg
Can you please send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to take a look at your issues on my end and see what I can do to assist.
Sponsored