• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Pro Center Console Light Mystery

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Mine does not seem to go off. It is like the old question; how do you know if the fridge light go off when you close it? Except thanks to mobile phone video camera, I checked mine and even after locking the truck completely when everything else goes off, this light still remains on. Does anyone know if there is a switch or setting for it somewhere? sometimes my truck sits there for days and even though I know power consumption for this light is probably not much, it really bugs me. Any tips?

If you are checking your truck to see if it does the same, please note the software you are running so if it is a bug, we can figure out if it is recently introduced or always was there. That is if it is not me missing something.

My last two updates were PU0306 (July 14th) and PU0724 (Oct 19th)

It seems like an old problem with Ford:

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/center-console-light-wont-turn-off-388274/

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/center-console-light-questions-398139/

that may mean the feedback voice recording feature may be a joke since this problem has been around for years.

I may have to pull the light out until I can put a switch somewhere (unless you guys can come up with something).
Sponsored

Last edited:

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
It’s up overhead, there is a button to turn it off.

OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It’s up overhead, there is a button to turn it off.
I see only 4 buttons over head, none which seem to have any impact. Can you be more specific?

p.s. to be clear, I am talking about the light inside the center console, under your right arm.

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
Oh I have no idea then. Honestly didn’t know that light stayed on

OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Oh I have no idea then. Honestly didn’t know that light stayed on
I think Ford is trying to save money for a switch or half a foot of wire to hook it up to other lights that go off. I am testing it now to see if it is true that it eventually goes off. Will report back if it does.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reporting back, it does go off 12 minutes after everything else goes off. It looks like this light spends 99.999999999991% of it’s on life serving no purpose at all. But if it is LED, I doubt it will kill the battery. The design still bugs me.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Yeah you can add the media console light (which was deleted in '22) and it does the same thing since it ties into that center console circuit. Stays on for a while but eventually goes off. It is more noticeable/useful and may be why they keep it on.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Reporting back, it does go off 12 minutes after everything else goes off. It looks like this light spends 99.999999999991% of it’s on life serving no purpose at all. But if it is LED, I doubt it will kill the battery. The design still bugs me.
I was coming to say give it 10 to 15 minutes - so I guess 12 it is. It is likely connected to the rear seat USB ports. Those USB ports are a key indicator to some of the ICE trucks when they update software manually. There used to be some steps where they needed the truck to go completely to sleep. Those USB ports they can see from the outside are their indicator.

OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was coming to say give it 10 to 15 minutes - so I guess 12 it is. It is likely connected to the rear seat USB ports. Those USB ports are a key indicator to some of the ICE trucks when they update software manually. There used to be some steps where they needed the truck to go completely to sleep. Those USB ports they can see from the outside are their indicator.
Very helpful. Thanks for sharing.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I think the T3 will tell us everything we need to know if Ford (or any traditional mfr) will make it long term. Can they or will they change? These are the areas where Tesla has kicked butt on building. Simplified and integrated design from one end of the car to the other. Centralized compute modules, not more than a few simple input devices or responders through the rest of the car with simple connections.
Sponsored