• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Line-X chrome bumpers and repainting parking/proximity sensors

mideasterner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat
I have a 2022 Lariat with chrome bumpers (and grille, but I'm leaning toward just ordering a sport or knockoff Raptor grille to deal with that).

My issue is that I have the parking aid sensors, which are great. That being said, when I make my bumper black, I'd really like them to be as well. I've found the Ford Parts listings (both front and rear). I'd much rather not have to order all new parts, though, and I'm not actually sure what color they would be in even if I did (though the picture makes the sensors look a silvery color).

Can I just repaint them? The retainers I'm pretty sure are an easy yes, but not sure about the sensors themselves. Thanks!
Sponsored

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
I don’t think that paint would adversely affect them but the title of the thread is Linex and I would not Linex them. Given that a fairly thin coat of ice throws them off, I would expect even the thinnest coat of Linex to do them in.

OP
OP

mideasterner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat
Thanks! And yes, sorry for the confusion, the plan is to Line-X the bumper itself and paint the sensors (I just want them black).

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
You should be able to wrap them as long as you use a non metallic wrap.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
I can confirm I've painted them with plasti-dip before with no issues.
Sponsored