• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Looking at a 2023 Platinum w/ 3k miles... What's a good price nowadays?

OP
OP

ma0am

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Platinum
Negotiated it down to 66.5k.
They also pay more than anyone else for my trade in, so there’s that and also the tax benefit, where I only pay tax on the difference.
Sponsored

patrickj62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting
Hi guys,
was debating for a while to trade in my BMW 750... Yes, quite a change.
Found a used, like new 2023 Platinum with 3k miles.

Curious, what is a decent price for that truck? Listed at $72k. I am at arounds 68k, but wondering if even that is a bit on the high side?
Obviously the current financing offers for a new one are nice too, where this one will probably put me in the 5% interest rate ( I have a FICO Score of >830)
Appreciate y'alls input.

Thanks
Does it need to be a 2023?
There are lower priced 2022 out there:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/9da7cb8f-67b3-48be-adc3-f3c2d14715af/

OP
OP

ma0am

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Platinum
The one I looked at had 2k miles on it. The one you linked has 44k.
Year doesn’t matter, but warranty and mileage matters for me.

JJShort

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
I purchased a 2023 F-150 Lightning Platinum i(9,000 miles) n Feb 2023 for about that price. Be advised that the Charge Station Pro recharging system that allows the truck to power your house is not "free" uncle you are the first time owner. The CSP will cost $1400+ from Ford. Also, that capability requires additional panels for about $4,000 not including electrician costs. Also, Ford sweetens the deal by requiring installation with its captive contractor, Sunrun, unless they don't offer installation in your zip code. Then you will need to use another contractor annointed by Ford, which will never return your emails. Maybe this SNAFU is one reason that the truck is falling out-of-favor.. along with the paucity of charging stations in the hinterlands.

ChippewaBarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Platinum Agate Black
Not sure where you're located (I assume US?) but I picked up a NEW 23 Platinum for 78k CAD in July.

Dunno if that helps you lol but you'll love the truck! Just be sure to make it a condition upon delivery that all software updates that are released for your VIN are completed before you pick it up.

Sponsored

ntcarson

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
I think you got a great deal - congrats! I paid around $56K for my 22 Plat with 15k miles, a few months back. I would have liked less miles, but was compelled by some of the 22 options that were removed in later models. Frankly, after seeing it in person in as-new condition, I wasn't sure how to explain that it had 15K miles. I love it!

Ricks Lightning

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro, 2024 F150 Lightning Flash
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor

ntcarson

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
I bought mine at capital Ford in Charlotte. I bought it used also. I went back to trade it about five months later and it had depreciated $20,000.
If I remember correctly, Capital Ford deals with the buyback titles. They sell for pretty low, but that title issue hits at every step.

NCevGuyF150

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford lightning
Occupation
Repair technician
If I remember correctly, Capital Ford deals with the buyback titles. They sell for pretty low, but that title issue hits at every step.
Yes, I bought a truck that was a buyback. 13,000 miles, they told me the reason for the buyback was the tail light on the back was getting water in it and quit working three times.
Not sure if the lightning was going to live up to my expectations, I bought this truck for $59,000. I went back about five months later because I wanted to get a brand new one with full warranty. I’ve always bought new vehicles before. And they offered me 20,000 less than what I paid them. Not to mention that the truck that I traded in only had 15,000 miles on it and was two years old. They got me good on that one too. They said they were going to take it to auction however they didn’t. Give me about $10,000 below Value

NCevGuyF150

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford lightning
Occupation
Repair technician
Yes, I bought a truck that was a buyback. 13,000 miles, they told me the reason for the buyback was the tail light on the back was getting water in it and quit working three times.
Not sure if the lightning was going to live up to my expectations, I bought this truck for $59,000. I went back about five months later because I wanted to get a brand new one with full warranty. I’ve always bought new vehicles before. And they offered me 20,000 less than what I paid them. Not to mention that the truck that I traded in only had 15,000 miles on it and was two years old. They got me good on that one too. They said they were going to take it to auction however they didn’t. Give me about $10,000 below Value
My point is just that the vehicle will depreciate rapidly
Sponsored