First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 L Lariat, 2023 Tesla MY, 2021 Tesla MYP
Occupation
Technonerd
Hi all, I bought my '24 Lariat on 8/3 and I'm about through with my dealer. My particular salesman was quite nice, but relatively new and pushed a lot of misinformation about features and the subscription services. Now that the sale is past the 10 day right of recission, it's dead air.

I'm one of the unlucky SOBs that believed the information on the Ford.com web configurator and thought I was getting a truck with a brake controller because it came with the Tow Technology Package. Yes, I understand this was a '24 delete, but to this very day, the Ford.com site says it is in the package. So, I'm going to have to buy one and I want the integrated unit. So, where do I go? Well, back to the dealer where I purchased it.*

Well, after 2 calls to Service where they said they'd put together a quote for me in a day or two, I called again today because I never got anything. They're telling me that I don't need a brake controller, because the brake controller is part of Pro Trailer Assist and that was why the controller was deleted from the 2024. My dealership's service department says that Pro Trailer Assist will control the brakes while hauling. I even challenged that I thought that was only for backing...Nope, it does the brakes too. Ok, then why do you sell the parts and still include it in the Max Tow Package? Then I started to get a lot of stuttering.

So, if anyone knows of a competent Ford dealer in Denver-Metro, I'd appreciate the referral.

* - I'm perfectly comfortable ordering the switch and installing the controller under the dash, but when it comes to using a scantool to modify the computer settings to enable it, that's where I'm uncomfortable.
Sponsored

Last edited:

LightningB514

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Accountant
Sorry to hear you are having issues. I live a couple hours from Denver and it can be hard to find a good Ford dealership in the area.
If you have any luck with a good Ford Service department, I too would like to know.

Thanks!!

twodogsdennis

First Name
dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro
I purchased a Pro in May from a Denver dealer and since I didn't respond to one of the 15 emails and 10 texts received within the first four days, I may be in their dog house. All of my service will be done in Longmont, as the dealership is just 20 minutes away instead of an hour and I saw Lightnings, both private and government in the lot for service. I almost bought an XLT in Longmont then the blue Pro appeared in Denver and was a better fit for my purpose.
Sponsored