• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Looking to buy an used 2023 Lariat, can be a sign of problems ?

kayabusa

First Name
Leandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit
I'm looking to buy a 2023 Lariat ER with 13k Miles. Is on the dealer lot for $50k maybe I can chip out $1k extra.

I'm new to Ford EV's but I do have experience with Rivian's.

Here is my question, Carfax indicates that previous owner bought it in 12/23 and sold it in 8/24. In 9 months he put 13k miles and went for service 4 times. (it does not say something specific)

Could be a undisclosed lemon ? or a mutual arrangement to not brand the vehicle as lemon ?

Having 4 service visit in the first 9 months is something common for the Lightning ?
Sponsored

tearitupsports

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
With customer satisfaction programs offered, it is impossible to tell if this was warranty or customer satisfaction, or just standard maintenance (or a combo of all).

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
This is a toss-up

In my first 9 months I was in service 4 times. They could not (and still haven't) figured out how to get my 360 camera view aligned. So 2 visits for that before I gave up with one dealer, then another visit at another dealer who got it close enough, and did my 10k service, also had a CSP done with a mobile visit. No lemon, just inept technicians for a simple complaint, and some standard stuff. So visit count is worrisome but explainable.

13k in 9 months is a lot. So they obviously drove it plenty. I know a few people who couldn't reconcile EPA range and made several service visits thinking the battery was defective before just giving up and selling it back.

Take a chance, you still got a lot of warranty left on it.

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
I'm looking to buy a 2023 Lariat ER with 13k Miles. Is on the dealer lot for $50k maybe I can chip out $1k extra.

I'm new to Ford EV's but I do have experience with Rivian's.

Here is my question, Carfax indicates that previous owner bought it in 12/23 and sold it in 8/24. In 9 months he put 13k miles and went for service 4 times. (it does not say something specific)

Could be a undisclosed lemon ? or a mutual arrangement to not brand the vehicle as lemon ?

Having 4 service visit in the first 9 months is something common for the Lightning ?
Did the original purchase happen at the same dealer?

Ask the dealer for the service history they should be able to pull it up by the VIN number I would think.

I have a 23 lariat ER and I have had one service visit (although it was Mobile)for a CSP and have a second one for the second CSP and I’m also going to have them do my 10,000 mile service.
So technically, that would be three service visits I guess and I have not had any problems.
Sponsored