Sponsored

Multiple Issues after CSP "Repair"

KrazyCelticKid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
My truck was working fine but I saw a couple CSPs in the FordPass app and, with a big road trip coming up, I wanted to get everything addressed before we headed out.

Boy was that a mistake.

The truck went in for the following CSPs:

1. 23B70 Battery Monitor Sensor Replacement
- Part on backorder, recall not completed​
2. 24B56 Inoperative Front. Parking Sensors - Software Update Image Processing Module
- Updated IPMA and PSCM​
3. 24P24 Reprogram the Front Hatch Control Module FHCM
- Updated Front Hatch Control Module FHCM​

When I got my truck back, I noticed several things wrong:

1. (Minor) Somehow the MyView had additional options selected - I hate calm view (too little info). No big deal, I just unchecked what had somehow been checked off
2. Starting the truck now produces a cacophony of dings - no idea what this is supposed to be warning me about?
3. Turning off the truck used to let the music continue playing until the door was opened - now it shuts off as soon as the truck is shut off

The next two get pictures.

Turning off the truck produces this image (which, I suspect, is possibly causing #3?)

Ford F-150 Lightning Multiple Issues after CSP "Repair" IMG_0110

No idea what the impact of this is, but it's definitely a change.

Now for the big one - my camera no longer works as expected! WTF is this?!

Ford F-150 Lightning Multiple Issues after CSP "Repair" IMG_0108

Previously I could hit the camera button and get the 360 view to take up the whole lower half. Now I get the parking/camera options taking up a whole bunch of real estate IN ADDITION TO the empty black space reducing the size of the 360 view even further.

Has anyone encountered this? I'm taking the truck back in on Tuesday but since it seems not every dealer is intimately familiar with Lightnings I'd love to crowdsource experiences so I might be able to provide them with a little guidance on how to fix these issues. Thanks!
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
Your 12v LVB might be weak due to improper update procedures at the shop, drive or Idle the truck in RUN mode for several hours to top off the LVB.

The other issues have been observed by others after getting direct & OTA updates (My View) is common, there may be other preferences that have been ~changed~ that are the source of too many ding-dongs.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
This camera thing is not new to Ford and I am not sure why they released an update with this mistake. I was the first one to have this issue earlier in the year, and nothing has been done about it smh….. I don’t understand why the OTA to fix this hasn’t been sent out.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
The battery is low because they did the updates without properly connecting a power supply. I had it too, but tech says he used one. I charged the 12v on a trickle charger to 100%.

The small view is because the tech didn't run a step in the procedures. My tech also did that, and I fixed it with FORScan.
Sponsored