Status
Not open for further replies.

mrau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat⚡ER, VW ID4
touched the key fob to the start button
⬆ ⬆ ⬆ Well that's a new one to me. But with such a SNAFU happening it's best to try anything.

Glad it is back working and hope it doesn't happen again.
Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
⬆ ⬆ ⬆ Well that's a new one to me. But with such a SNAFU happening it's best to try anything.

Glad it is back working and hope it doesn't happen again.
Probably should have tried it in the cupholder (lift the mat out of the back cupholder and you should see a spot for it). I know this spot is used when programming new fobs, but I think it's also where you want to stick you fob if the battery in it dies as it should be able to read your fob without power.

LightningFastZu

First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Hi F-150 Lightning owners! If you recently updated your FordPass® app, you may have noticed it looks a little different. We are pleased to share that we have rolled out a newly designed app that is easy to use and efficient to help you better manage your vehicle remotely.
Here is what is new:
  • Simplified Experience: We have reduced the number of steps it takes to access functions and made it easier to find them. As an EV owner, you can enjoy a simplified slider for target charge. Also, instead of having to press and hold to turn the vehicle ‘on’, it is now a simple tap.
  • Remote Climate Control: As a Lightning owner you will be able to control your truck's climate control and windshield defrost, as well as heated seats and steering wheel (if equipped), all from the app. Similar to the Remote Start feature, Remote Climate Control helps you conveniently prepare your truck before getting in to drive.
  • Apple Watch Integration: If you have an Apple Watch, in addition to lock/unlock and remote start/stop you will also be able to use the following features from your wrist:
    • View battery level and range
    • View charging status, including: Charging speed, Next departure time based on when desired charge is reached, Current preferred charging window
    • View vehicle location
    • Activate horn and lights remotely
We are also continuing to improve in-app experience with this latest version. If you notice a feature you previously used before is no longer there, don’t worry, the feature can still be accessed via your in-vehicle touchscreen.

We love to hear from our owners so let us know what you think and if you have any questions about FordPass!

EDIT (5/28/24):
Many of you had additional questions, so we wanted to provide some supplemental information about the newly designed FordPass app. Some of your exact features may vary depending on your vehicle model.
  • Remote climate: To access your remote climate settings, just turn on climate via the central fan icon. You can control your vehicle temperature as well as heated or cooled surfaces (defrost, seats, steering) to condition your cabin before you start your vehicle.
  • All about service: To reach the service dashboard, click the tool icon on the bottom right of your screen. You will find a vehicle health status list that includes the odometer reading and tire pressure. If you’d like to add your vehicle service history, this can be done via Ford.com.
  • Trip Planning: While there’s no trip planning feature in FordPass right now, you can still use your in-vehicle touchscreen to access this feature. We’re exploring a simpler, more reliable version of this feature for FordPass.
  • Google Maps: To turn your Google Maps consent on or off, go to your Account settings, then Legal & Privacy, then Privacy.
  • Beep Beep: To reach the horn and lights feature, go to the location section right on the front screen.
  • Lock from anywhere: To tell if the vehicle is locked or unlocked, just click on your desired lock/ unlock state. The vehicle will then confirm “locked” or “unlocked” with a green check.
  • Tailgate party: Depending on your vehicle’s capability, Phone As A Key™ Bluetooth controls for the windows, trunk/frunk, and tailgate are found in the "Bluetooth Controls" menu right alongside all your other primary controls.
  • Add a friend: If your Ford vehicle is already connected in FordPass, you can find and manage any new vehicle user access requests by selecting your vehicle in the app, then selecting Vehicle Details. From there, you can approve or deny any new user access requests.
Please note: FordPass® App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Message and data rates may apply. 

524241.png
At this point, it’s pretty clear from the other posts that the two biggest missing features are Zone Lighting, and Trip Planner. For me, trip planner was essential. I used the feature roughly 3x/week. I like to plan my trips out well in advance, and it’s relaxing to run through different road trip scenarios in my down time. So I’m using the feature often to brainstorm, not necessarily because I have an immediate need.

I’ve tried other apps, and none are as accurate at predicting range and percentage upon arrival. I see that you are exploring other options for trip planning. Please consider improving on your previous features with 1) more filters options for charging stations 2) allowing me to set a priority order for charging station brands, and 3) the ability to select alternate charging stations after a route has been planned.

For example, if the route planner selects Electrify America on my 5 hr trip, and I know that there is a Tesla (adapter required) station nearby, I’d like to tap on the chosen EA charger and be presented with nearby alternatives where I would select Tesla instead. But even better, I’d like to put a priority on specific charging stations before i plan the trip. I would put Tesla 1st, then Buc-ees CCS (whatever vendor they use) 2nd, EA 3rd, etc.

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
@Ford Motor Company why can’t I control climate on my 23 XLT standard range? I can turn it on and extend time but can’t change temp settings like others can
I am also in the same boat. I can only turn on and off the fan button and extend the time, but I don't see any control to the temp settings. 23 Pro.

Calvin H-C

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus Electric 2017, F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Technical Trainer/Writer - Wayside Railway Signalling Maintenance
Have they taken away the "refresh" function, or have I not found how it's now done?

You used to be able to pull down the top of the screen and it would go read the latest information from the vehicle. I've used this to check its SOC while charging because otherwise it only updates when something changes, like plugging in or unplugging. Also, the location of the vehicle is only updated when it is started or shut off. If you want to check its location while it is on route, the refresh function is needed.

It's nice that this update "returned" the feature of letting you know if the vehicle is parked or running. I use quotes as it was never in FordPass, but it used to be in its predecessor MyFord.

I've got a list of issues related to my Focus Electric, but I won't bore readers here with them.

Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Have they taken away the "refresh" function, or have I not found how it's now done?

You used to be able to pull down the top of the screen and it would go read the latest information from the vehicle. I've used this to check its SOC while charging because otherwise it only updates when something changes, like plugging in or unplugging. Also, the location of the vehicle is only updated when it is started or shut off. If you want to check its location while it is on route, the refresh function is needed.

It's nice that this update "returned" the feature of letting you know if the vehicle is parked or running. I use quotes as it was never in FordPass, but it used to be in its predecessor MyFord.

I've got a list of issues related to my Focus Electric, but I won't bore readers here with them.
Yeah I think the refresh is gone, but I use the lock button as the refresh, I always get an updated SOC after locking it.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Unlock command is what I send.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Unlock command is what I send.
I checked the truck last night, its range 317 miles @ 90% & tire pressure 44, upon opening the app this morning, the data was the same as last night.

This morning I sent an unlock command, the stats' didn't change, then I sent a lock command, which caused the estimated range to revise to 315 miles and 42 psi.

Tazzy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Retired
I miss the digital owner’s manual on ford pass, I’m old and can’t remember all of the steps you have to take to get to something. Having it on my phone is a lot easier to navigate.

mitchskis

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
At this point, it’s pretty clear from the other posts that the two biggest missing features are Zone Lighting, and Trip Planner. For me, trip planner was essential. I used the feature roughly 3x/week. I like to plan my trips out well in advance, and it’s relaxing to run through different road trip scenarios in my down time. So I’m using the feature often to brainstorm, not necessarily because I have an immediate need.

I’ve tried other apps, and none are as accurate at predicting range and percentage upon arrival. I see that you are exploring other options for trip planning. Please consider improving on your previous features with 1) more filters options for charging stations 2) allowing me to set a priority order for charging station brands, and 3) the ability to select alternate charging stations after a route has been planned.

For example, if the route planner selects Electrify America on my 5 hr trip, and I know that there is a Tesla (adapter required) station nearby, I’d like to tap on the chosen EA charger and be presented with nearby alternatives where I would select Tesla instead. But even better, I’d like to put a priority on specific charging stations before i plan the trip. I would put Tesla 1st, then Buc-ees CCS (whatever vendor they use) 2nd, EA 3rd, etc.
I agree. The trip planner feature was a huge benefit for me as well. @Ford Motor Company, please consider adding this feature back to the new Ford Pass App.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Status
Not open for further replies.