Sponsored

No trailer connected but range still adjusted (as if trailer was connected) each time truck turns on.

dirtdiver

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Superduty F350, F150L 2022 Larait, Volt, R1200GS
Occupation
Engineer
8500 miles and no glitches. Now a small glitch. I used a trailer a week ago and been driving the truck since then. Long after trailer taken off still getting the message at each start, "Range adjusted due to trailer connected" or something, even though no trailer connected. Any ideas? I reset the menu item EV driving history.
Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I had this issue for quite a while, several thousand miles, actually, after unhooking my camper. Ford could not tell me with the range calculator was stuck in 'trailer mode'.

I did a master reset of the truck, but nothing changed, although I started to realize after a while that the range indicator was not moving down as fast as what it should be while I was driving. It seemed that it thought I had a trailer attached, but the trailer was not causing the expected range 'impact' it calculated.

Eventually, thru doing nothing on my own, the range indicator finally started to show correct 'un-hooked trailer' numbers, and has not been an issue since. Don't know why, did nothing to make that happen other than to continue driving each day. It was certainly annoying for a long time, though.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Go in and select no trailer.

This gets posted very often.

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ Cruiser 2007
You have to explicitly select “no trailer” to make sure no trailers are active.

I swear it used to automatically figure out the trailer was disconnected.

.19,500 miles - this was the only “glitch” other than the air dam warnings for me.
Sponsored