• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Oil Undercoat?

OP
OP

brownhousechris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
Well, I got the oil undercoat done last night. They used the NHOU lanolin-based product. I'm attaching some pictures below of the finished job. They tagged the spare pretty good, but if I need to use the spare then a little oil is not my main worry anyway. Overall I think it looks good! One thing I didn't consider, it has a definite smell to it. Not bad, just distinctive. That already seems to be fading though.
Ford F-150 Lightning Oil Undercoat? 5808957119416094786
Ford F-150 Lightning Oil Undercoat? -6338135210289935144
Sponsored

SilverKlister

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro
Well, I got the oil undercoat done last night. They used the NHOU lanolin-based product. I'm attaching some pictures below of the finished job. They tagged the spare pretty good, but if I need to use the spare then a little oil is not my main worry anyway. Overall I think it looks good! One thing I didn't consider, it has a definite smell to it. Not bad, just distinctive. That already seems to be fading though.
5808957119416094786.jpg
-6338135210289935144.jpg
Does NHOU make a lanolin based product in addition to the mineral oil based one? I thought only made an oil version.

Both of my vehicles look like that underneath now. But with leaves and such plastered onto it!

Did they use the extension wands to get inside the frame rails and cross tubes? I had to do the Insides myself.

OP
OP

brownhousechris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
Does NHOU make a lanolin based product in addition to the mineral oil based one? I thought only made an oil version.

Both of my vehicles look like that underneath now. But with leaves and such plastered onto it!

Did they use the extension wands to get inside the frame rails and cross tubes? I had to do the Insides myself.
The one I got is the lanolin product. NHOU also makes a ceramic product, but I'm not sure about a mineral based oil product. Thanks to your advice, I made sure to ask them to do the insides of the frame rails with the wand extension!

Konakid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Kia Niro PHEV
My Lightning was a manequin. The dealer had it Ziebarted before I even saw it. My 2013 F150 cost me lots of money because of rust. Rust is why I bought the Lightning.
Any update on how you are doing with the Ziebart coating? Are you happy with it? I had my 1998 F-150 Ziebarted, and was well pleased with how it stood up over 25 years of launching my boat in saltwater. I just received my F-150 Lightning and am planning to take it to Ziebart, too, unless somebody tells me there is some downside to that. The Lightning will replace the old F-150 and will also be used to launch in saltwater.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I'm fortunate to have nice car washes conveniently located near where I live. My anti-rust solution is to wash my truck a lot. The 2010 F150 I sold early this year had zero rust. However it had a water logged tonneau cover, so washing isn't without issues.

My Lightning's tonneau cover is starting to get water logged. There's also water in the lenses of the frunk lights. I guess the real solution is to live in the desert.
I have the same problem with one of my frunk lights. I will be taking it in now that the dealer finally received the part after being back ordered for several months.
Sponsored